BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2291026 - 11/24/23 09:14 PM CT Recrd Retention for Abandoned Property
happyauditor Offline
Platinum Poster
happyauditor
NY
Hi, can anyone point me where it tells me what the record retention requirement is for Banks to maintain records of compliance with CT abandoned property/escheatment? I only found a reference to 20 years for aggregated information, in the FAQs, item 20. Thanks for any help you can provide.

https://ctbiglist.com/app/faq-report
Is aggregate reporting allowed in Connecticut?
No. At this time aggregate reporting is not allowed in Connecticut. All amounts, regardless of the size, should be reported to Connecticut with detailed owner information on the holder report. If you submit a holder report with an aggregate amount, the holder is required to retain the records for 20 years as instructed by Sec. 3-65a (h) of the Connecticut General Statutes. You may file “unknown owners” on a holder report.

Return to Top
#2291029 - 11/25/23 08:28 AM Re: CT Recrd Retention for Abandoned Property happyauditor
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Not sure it would be any different than any other deposit account that has been closed. It is usually 5-7 years in most States.

Return to Top
#2291031 - 11/25/23 08:04 PM Re: CT Recrd Retention for Abandoned Property happyauditor
happyauditor Offline
Platinum Poster
happyauditor
NY
Thank you

Return to Top
#2291846 - 12/20/23 07:17 PM Re: CT Recrd Retention for Abandoned Property happyauditor
Paul Orlowski Offline
Connecticut, USA
I haven't found any other retention period for Connecticut. The majority of states have 5, 7, or 10 years with a couple of oddball states falling at 3,4, 6, or 8 years.

Return to Top
#2291851 - 12/20/23 07:35 PM Re: CT Recrd Retention for Abandoned Property happyauditor
happyauditor Offline
Platinum Poster
happyauditor
NY
thank you Paul

Return to Top