Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2296303 - 04/22/24 08:32 PM Originated MLA, no longer active duty
It's not easy Offline
100 Club
If a loan originated MLA but the borrower is no longer on active duty, it's my understanding that MLA no longer applies? What exactly does that mean for my loan? Nothing?

What if that same borrower was on active duty, left active duty and is now back on active duty and is requesting SCRA benefits?

Any guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Return to Top
Lending to Servicemembers (SCRA, JWNDAA), War, Terrorism
#2296319 - 04/23/24 12:59 PM Re: Originated MLA, no longer active duty It's not easy
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
1. Depends on what you are referring to. Some benefits continue to accrue for a period of time.

2. What SCRA benefits are they asking for? If you mean the interest rate limitation. no. The other protections, yes.

Return to Top
#2296337 - 04/23/24 03:01 PM Re: Originated MLA, no longer active duty It's not easy
Paul Orlowski Offline
Connecticut, USA
MLA is taken into account only at loan origination. SCRA impacts loans taken prior to military service but not ones taken while in military service. I would think that the latter applies and thus SCRA does not apply, but consulting an attorney might be advised.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z