Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2296106 - 04/18/24 06:22 PM Delivery of Appraisal and Other Valuation product
bean2 Offline
Regarding rule 1002.14- Would like to confirm that ALL valuation types must be provided to the borrower once determined completed and no less than 3 days prior to closing. Example: Appraisal and Desktop Appraisal were ordered, both must be delivered to the borrower, correct?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#2296145 - 04/18/24 09:14 PM Re: Delivery of Appraisal and Other Valuation product bean2
InFairness, CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
InFairness, CRCM
USA
Yes. The text of Reg. B states, "all appraisals and other written valuations developed in connection with an application for credit that is to be secured by a first lien on a dwelling."

Return to Top
#2296153 - 04/19/24 11:58 AM Re: Delivery of Appraisal and Other Valuation product bean2
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
You might have to define a desktop appraisal. Did it assign its own value to the property, or did it just not challenge the value of the original appraisal or the validity of the contents?

3. Other documentation. Not all documents that discuss or restate a valuation of an applicant's property constitute a "valuation" for purposes of ยง 1002.14(b)(3). Examples of documents that discuss the valuation of the applicant's property or may reflect its value but nonetheless are not "valuations" include but are not limited to:

vi. Appraisal reviews that do not include the appraiser's estimate of the property's value or opinion of value.

Return to Top
#2296154 - 04/19/24 12:02 PM Re: Delivery of Appraisal and Other Valuation product bean2
bean2 Offline
Thank you. Yes the Desktop states its own value which in this case was the same as the appraised value.

Return to Top
#2296229 - 04/21/24 01:16 PM Re: Delivery of Appraisal and Other Valuation product bean2
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
I guess I am curious as to why both a desktop appraisal and appraisal were ordered? And as Randy stated, you might need to define what you mean by the desktop appraisal and/or provide a bit more background on the specific situation. Did you order the desktop appraisal first, and then decided you needed the full appraisal? In that case, you (most likely) need to provide both copies as you have two separate appraisals from two different appraisal orders. As In Fairness stated, Reg B states that you need to provide "all appraisals and other written valuations developed in connection with an application for credit that is to be secured by a first lien on a dwelling."

All that said, if you just go ahead and provide copies of both, you won't have issues with Regulation B.

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

Return to Top
#2296242 - 04/22/24 01:43 PM Re: Delivery of Appraisal and Other Valuation product bean2
InFairness, CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
InFairness, CRCM
USA
"Desktop appraisal" is defined by Fannie and Freddie as an appraisal without a site visit.

Return to Top
#2296455 - 04/26/24 11:48 AM Re: Delivery of Appraisal and Other Valuation product bean2
bean2 Offline
Yes, there was no site visit, but an opinion of value is provided. Thank you

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z