Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1788072 - 02/21/13 06:38 PM New Employee Security Training
Banker$34 Offline
New Poster
Ohio
Does anyone have a sample outline of topics that are discussed with new employees? Also, do you train the new employee on the first day of employment or how long after their first day?

Return to Top
Security - PUBLIC
#1789770 - 02/27/13 07:05 PM Re: New Employee Security Training Banker$34
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I believe some searching will indicate that in many or most banks, at least basic security is incorporated into the new hire training, which should occur first.

Also, here is a training game. http://www.bankersonline.com/tools/securitygame/
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#1791894 - 03/06/13 04:36 PM Re: New Employee Security Training Banker$34
Black66 Offline
PA
We train new employees during their first week of employment. They go through the same training that is conducted annually for all employees with the full range of security topics including fire safety.

Return to Top
#1793829 - 03/12/13 05:46 PM Re: New Employee Security Training Banker$34
Jman253 Offline
100 Club
Jman253
Edmond, Oklahoma
New Employees are trained the first day. We generally incorporate the basic before, during and after a robbery plus our alarm locations and internal procedures. Generally takes about an hour. I am shocked to find out that not many banks provide new hire security training in our area.

Return to Top
#1809342 - 04/30/13 03:28 PM Re: New Employee Security Training Banker$34
csuea Offline
New Poster
We train our tellers in the first week on security. We do not put them at a window without secutiry training. We also do security training every other month on different subjects for all employees. Check fraud, Atm Scams, Elderly abuse .... it is usually a 15-30 minute meeting just to refresh everyones memory. We also do the annual secuity meeting with video on robberies, morning hostages.....

Return to Top
#1809510 - 04/30/13 06:13 PM Re: New Employee Security Training Banker$34
Beachbum, CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
Knee Deep in Regs
We also train during the 1st week of employment. We have security packets at each window with written instructions. We have managers that will "pop Quiz" tellers on security (as well as other topics) during slower lobby hours. we train all staff annually and provide ongoing training at monthly teller meetings.

Return to Top
#1836060 - 07/24/13 06:44 PM Re: New Employee Security Training Banker$34
The Bear Offline
New Poster
The Bear
Indiana
I just do Physical Security, our ISO does netowrk and acceptable use training and our other trainers does fraud training along with their other training. Here is want I cover just as an outline...

I. Types of robberies (Morning Glory, Note Passer, and Take over style)
II. What makes a bank a good target (location, poor lighting, overgrown landscaping etc.)
III. Go over the types of security devices we use
IV. What to do during a robbery
V. What to do after a robbery
VI. Some scenerio questions
VII. Info about bait money
VIII. All Clear Signal
IIX. Robbery prevention
IX. Being aware of your surrounding
X. SAFE CATCH
XI. ATM SAFETY (Procedures for working on the ATM)
XII. Our Robbery Kits
XIII. Give them the to option to view some footage of past robberies so they can envision what it might be like to prepare themselves if it were to happen to them
Last edited by The Bear; 07/24/13 06:45 PM.
Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z