BOL Conferences

Page 33 of 42 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 41 42
Thread Options
#1182011 - 05/13/09 12:19 PM Re: American Idol pjs
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
MAN! They are all good in there own way. Watching last night, I could see any of them leaving or winning. But if I had to choose.

This is my picks for last night:

1. Kris
2. Danny
3. Adam

But I believe the voting will send Kris home.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1182031 - 05/13/09 12:47 PM Re: American Idol buggs
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Originally Posted By: Bugs Bunny
Originally Posted By: Mr. Peepers
Originally Posted By: Ops
I'm a rock girl through and through

you're not allowed to claim this unless you own at least 5 Megadeth CDs

Perhaps you could sub in a couple of Pantera CDs?

Just saw this, and while I own no Pantera CDs, I do have some on the iPod. Perhaps I should specify that I'm a classic rock girl through and through. Peepers, keep dreamin, buddy.. maybe one day I'll surprise you and become a hardcore Megadeth fan. Maybe you should hold your breath and wait for it to happen! grin I keep telling my husband to do the same thing concerning Pink Floyd (Roger Waters, in particular).. just can't seem to talk him into it!

I missed last night, and from what I've heard, I shouldn't be too terribly upset. A trip to Guitar Center seemed more exciting. When Allison left, my interested did, too.

Return to Top
#1182038 - 05/13/09 12:51 PM Re: American Idol Ops
A_G Offline
10K Club
I MISSED IT!!! mad

I don't know why I was thinking that it was on at 9 so I jkept telling myself to be home by 9, and I was home at 855 and caught the very end of Adam's performance. cry

Guess I'll have to youtube the performances...

Bottom three (in random order): Adam, Kris, Danny whistle

Return to Top
#1182046 - 05/13/09 12:56 PM Re: American Idol A_G
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Go to American Idol website and watch the performances.

Return to Top
#1182072 - 05/13/09 01:16 PM Re: American Idol DD Regs
BowlingQueen Offline
Power Poster
Wisconsin
Go Go Gokey! grin

I didn't get to watch last night, but I heard a replay on the radio of Adam and Danny. I'm sorry but while Adam is phenomenally talented I did NOT care for how he sang. Now......DANNY on the other hand, "You Are So Beautiful"........let's just say......I got chills. smile

Return to Top
#1182122 - 05/13/09 01:31 PM Re: American Idol Ops
buggs Offline
Power Poster
A trip to Guitar Center seemed more exciting.

Guitar Center is the Wal-Mart of music stores. frown

Return to Top
#1182132 - 05/13/09 01:34 PM Re: American Idol buggs
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Originally Posted By: Bugs Bunny
A trip to Guitar Center seemed more exciting.

Guitar Center is the Wal-Mart of music stores. frown

At an hour and a half one-way, ya take what ya can get. smile

I ♥ Guitar Center.. and WalMart, for that matter.
Last edited by Ops; 05/13/09 01:35 PM.
Return to Top
#1182140 - 05/13/09 01:37 PM Re: American Idol buggs
Peepers Offline
10K Club
I heard a clip on the morning news with Adam singing.

I thought it was someone scraping their nails on a chalkboard.

Return to Top
#1182144 - 05/13/09 01:41 PM Re: American Idol Peepers
Spook-a-Muffin Offline
Power Poster
Elm Street - ish ♥
I think danny should go home, he's boring and puts me to sleep every time.

Kris is amazing, and adam is a bit over the top, but his range is wow.

Return to Top
#1182148 - 05/13/09 01:42 PM Re: American Idol Ops
buggs Offline
Power Poster
At an hour and a half one-way, ya take what ya can get

I understand. I've made my share of purchases at Guitar Center. I bought my Strat there, plus an SM57, and more strings, capos, picks and cables than I remember.

I will say this for them, the guitar staff at our local store really know their stuff and are very helpful and friendly.

Return to Top
#1182157 - 05/13/09 01:46 PM Re: American Idol buggs
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Each of them was quite impressive last night. I LOVED that the judges asked him to sing Apologize, but he picked a great song for himself as well. I don't think he's going home.

Adam was good, and even though I don't care for him personally, I can see how others might. I don't think he's going home.

Danny is very talented, and he was pretty good last night, but I don't think he met the standard of the other two. The only question is, will his story/personality win out over one of the others? I don't think so. Danny to go home, and only because SOMEONE has to. Like Allison, this won't be the last we hear from him.

Return to Top
#1182167 - 05/13/09 01:50 PM Re: American Idol B_F
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
much as I dislike agreeing with DD.....

Return to Top
#1182173 - 05/13/09 01:56 PM Re: American Idol buggs
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Bugs, I'm curious.. what do you prefer over Guitar Center? The other half has only been playing a year and a half or so.. Guitar Center is really all he knows, although he keeps meaning to go to Sam Ash(e?), we just haven't looked to see where the closest is.

BTW, The Guitar Centers we frequent are all staffed with guys
who know their stuff, too.

Return to Top
#1182183 - 05/13/09 02:05 PM Re: American Idol Ops
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Ops, we have a few very good locally owned stores in our town. At least the ones that Guitar Center hasn't put out of business. Fortunately, these local stores have a very loyal customer base.

Return to Top
#1182191 - 05/13/09 02:10 PM Re: American Idol buggs
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Gotcha. Only local place we have only carries Ibanez, the employees don't know their butts from a hole in the ground, and they're bouchedags. Only thing my husband will buy from them is an occasional set of strings. I'd actually be pretty happy to see them go out of business.. they're that bad. Too bad for them.. we tend to be very loyal customers.

Guitar Center it is.

Return to Top
#1182200 - 05/13/09 02:16 PM Re: American Idol Ops
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Ops, we have a couple of stores like that here too. I don't go there. One of the good stores caters primarily to acoustic folk music players. They have a wonderful variety of both new and used high-quality instruments at reasonble prices. Another store is more traditional and carries a variety of high and medium quality instruments, including electric guitars, keyboards, sound reinforcement, drums, etc. They also offer lessons with some very good teachers. Their primary niche, however, is they have a strong relationship with Taylor and it's the place to go if you're interesting in playing a Taylor before you buy it. They also have other top-end brands too.

Return to Top
#1182210 - 05/13/09 02:21 PM Re: American Idol buggs
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
I have a good friend that works for Martin's, up in Allentown or near there....

she gets me good prices on stuff....

Return to Top
#1182215 - 05/13/09 02:25 PM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
buggs Offline
Power Poster
I would love to get a Martin acoustic guitar someday, Pale. When I go to the store and play the Taylors, Gibsons and the Martins, I usually gravitate towards the Martins over the others. I also would love to own a Lowden guitar someday too.

One thing about buying a guitar is that you have to play them because each individual instrument is different. You can find a Martin that plays or sounds like [censored], and a lower-end instrument, say Ibanez, that is amazing. That's why I would never buy a guitar without playing it first.

Return to Top
#1182230 - 05/13/09 02:34 PM Re: American Idol buggs
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
That's another thing that sucks about where I live.. the one guy who gives lessons is an idiot. My hubby took a couple, and 2nd lesson the guy was telling him something (I think about pentatonic scales) that was completely wrong. He also didn't know much theory, which my husband is learning as well. Stinks for him.. no one to answer questions except for me, and it's been 8 or 9 years since I took theory.

Thanks for answerin my questions, Bugs.

Sorry to hijack.. Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Return to Top
#1182236 - 05/13/09 02:37 PM Re: American Idol Ops
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
My husband's first and only acoustic is a $500 Martin, and I'm not sure he'd trade that guitar for anything. He's played $2000-$3000 Taylors and Martins that he hated. It's funny how that works.

Pale, get my hubby a job at Martin, and he'll love you forever. Bet you'd never have to pay another person to mow your lawn. grin

Return to Top
#1182433 - 05/13/09 04:27 PM Re: American Idol Ops
cantley Offline
100 Club
Small Town, TX
I loved Kris last night. I also thought that Adam was very gracious when they were praising him and he recognized that the other two also did an awesome job. What a classy competitor. I think Danny is going home tonight and I hope Kris wins it all.

Return to Top
#1182448 - 05/13/09 04:36 PM Re: American Idol cantley
mck401 Offline
Diamond Poster
Texas
Kris IS the American Idol! He has such artistic talent-Heartless.....left me Breathless. I hope Adam goes tonight. He has a mad vocal range but too much squalling and screaming for my taste!

Return to Top
#1182451 - 05/13/09 04:36 PM Re: American Idol cantley
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
I am now officially over Adam. Everything he sings starts sounding the same to me - some falsetto, some screaming, but nothing that knocks me out.

Loved Danny's You are so Beautiful. I didn't like Danny in the first few weeks, but he has gotten better lately.

Kris was awesome. Not sure he can win it, because the judges keep dissing him, but you nver know how the votes will be cast.

Return to Top
#1182459 - 05/13/09 04:41 PM Re: American Idol califgirl
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
I think a lot of people like Danny. Danny never was in the bottom 3.
I like them all. It's hard to choose - they should all have a career if they want it.
I won't be surprised by the results tonite because any one of them could go home- there really isn't a clear winner tonite.

Return to Top
#1182518 - 05/13/09 05:10 PM Re: American Idol pjs
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
what's your question pj?

Return to Top
Page 33 of 42 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 41 42