Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17
Thread Options
#539541 - 10/11/06 07:13 PM Re: Pet Peeves
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
Quote:

It bothers me too DQ. I thought the Mothman Conspiracy was really bad about that. The music and sound effects are too loud and you still can't hear the dialogue.

I think you mean Mothman Prophecies

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#539542 - 10/11/06 07:25 PM Re: Pet Peeves
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Maybe the volume too loud on the background music and the dialogue too quiet IS the conspiracy!

Return to Top
#539543 - 10/11/06 08:09 PM Re: Pet Peeves
slubgob Offline
Platinum Poster
Quote:

Quote:

It bothers me too DQ. I thought the Mothman Conspiracy was really bad about that. The music and sound effects are too loud and you still can't hear the dialogue.

I think you mean Mothman Prophecies

That's it! That's pretty bad considering I read the book too.

Return to Top
#539544 - 10/11/06 08:19 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
What I hate is inviting your friends over to your house and they don't pick up after themselves or stop their heathen children from running crazy all over the place!
For goodness sakes, if you finish your drink THROW your stinking cup in the trash!!! Don't just leave it where you sit!!! I'm the hostess not the maid and if you were at home you wouldn't be doing that! And put a leash on your kids...If they were mine I'd be embarrassed!
Ok...I'm done now. And no, I'm never inviting anyone over ever again. Especially if they have kids.

Return to Top
#539545 - 10/11/06 08:21 PM Re: Pet Peeves
mck401 Offline
Diamond Poster
Texas
It's amazing what some people let their kids do out in public. And just because they have learned to ignore their heathens doesn't mean I have. I'm trying to enjoy dinner and some kids is bawling and throwing a fit. For Pete's sake, take that crying kid outta here. Some of us are trying to enjoy our dinner that is outrageously overpriced.

Return to Top
#539546 - 10/11/06 08:32 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
Quote:

It's amazing what some people let their kids do out in public. And just because they have learned to ignore their heathens doesn't mean I have. I'm trying to enjoy dinner and some kids is bawling and throwing a fit. For Pete's sake, take that crying kid outta here. Some of us are trying to enjoy our dinner that is outrageously overpriced.

No kidding...why is it that there can be smoking and non-smoking section but no family and I don't have any desire to be seated next to your screaming toddler section?

Return to Top
#539547 - 10/11/06 08:40 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
My husband would rather see 'Screaming Children' and 'No Screaming Children' sections. I know when my son was small we would take him out of the restaurant in a heartbeat if he got too noisy.

Return to Top
#539548 - 10/11/06 08:45 PM Re: Pet Peeves
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
I don't know why people take small kids to nice restaurants period. The parents can't possibly be enjoying their time there, and paying $10+ for a plate of chicken fingers for the little brats.

Return to Top
#539549 - 10/11/06 09:01 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
Quote:

For Pete's sake, take that crying kid outta here.

That buggs the heck out of me too. When my kids start crying, I don't care where we are, Le Italian Overpriced Crapola, or Micky D's, I take them out side... there was one time my daughter was being a brat while we were at the doc's office for my son and I ended up sitting the the car with her for about 1 1/2 hours because I didn't want the people in the waiting room to put up with her crying. When I see/hear little Jr. Son of a B**** crying while me and my wife are enjoying dinner I just want to smack the parents!
***getting off my soap box now***
Last edited by Slappy Happy Clown Boy; 10/11/06 09:03 PM.

Return to Top
#539550 - 10/11/06 09:12 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Angel Eyes Offline
Power Poster
Angel Eyes
It's not really about the kids, it is about responsible parenting. There should be a responsible parenting course before some people are allowed to procreate! Children will be children, but if it is past their bedtime and they are starved and they didn't get a nap today, maybe a public place isn't were they belong!
What upsets me the most is when the parents get upset at the children when it isn't really the child's fault...irresponsible parenting is to blame. Children need to be taught how to act and behave in public and they should be set up for success not failure, don't take children out when it is naptime, or past their bedtime. Sorry....got carried away.
:steps off soap box, straightening blouse and skirt and tries to regain control:

Return to Top
#539551 - 10/12/06 11:14 AM Re: Pet Peeves
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

No kidding...why is it that there can be smoking and non-smoking section but no family and I don't have any desire to be seated next to your screaming toddler section?

LOL @ that! I always pick the smoking section, one, because I smoke and two, there are never children there.

I remember once my ex and I were out to dinner, we were already seated and eating our meal and I saw the hostess coming our way with a high chair... I said "Oh, $hit" out loud, and the table turned out to be for my ex's best friend, his wife and their kid... they heard the "Oh $hit"...

Return to Top
#539552 - 10/12/06 12:21 PM Re: Pet Peeves
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
DQ I never thought about it that way--no smoking = kids vs smoking = no kids. Thanks for the bright light!

Return to Top
#539553 - 10/12/06 03:59 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
I'm not sure any restuarants in Oregon have smoking sections anymore...you just get stuck in the screaming kids section all the time!!!
That's it! I'm moving back to Tennessee!

Return to Top
#539554 - 10/12/06 04:29 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
Actually, there is no "smoking" section in any NJ eating establishment, since April 15 this year. I'm thinking DQ hasn't eaten out in a while.

Return to Top
#539555 - 10/12/06 04:25 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Go to Florida. There are very few kids there, from what I see. Just alot of "Q-Tips", as my friend calls them. (Elderly, white hair, get it?)

Return to Top
#539556 - 10/12/06 04:50 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

Actually, there is no "smoking" section in any NJ eating establishment, since April 15 this year. I'm thinking DQ hasn't eaten out in a while.

I was reminiscing about the good old days... And, it does peeve me.

No lunch for you, Steve!

Return to Top
#539557 - 10/12/06 05:01 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
Quote:

No lunch for you, Steve!

Return to Top
#539558 - 10/12/06 05:42 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
My neighbor here in the cube farm works every afternoon. She comes in, and within 15 minutes she starts eating, which it seems she pretty much does for the rest of the afternoon. First it's pretzels, then apples, then crackers, then maybe a banana, with lots and lots of water (and burping). What I hear is: crunch, crunch, munch, munch, burb, paper crackling, burp, crunch, munch, etc, etc, etc..... I've learned to wait until she gets here before I go to lunch. If I have something to do away from my desk, I do it after she gets here. Yesterday, I was trying to concentrate on a worksheet, and she just went on and on and on. It is so annoying!

Return to Top
#539559 - 10/12/06 06:04 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Spatch Offline
100 Club
Spatch
In a glass case of emotion
Wow, Pooh. That's a rough situation. That would be terribly annoying for me as well. I feel for ya!

Return to Top
#539560 - 10/12/06 06:42 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Quote:

My neighbor here in the cube farm works every afternoon. She comes in, and within 15 minutes she starts eating, which it seems she pretty much does for the rest of the afternoon. First it's pretzels, then apples, then crackers, then maybe a banana, with lots and lots of water (and burping). What I hear is: crunch, crunch, munch, munch, burb, paper crackling, burp, crunch, munch, etc, etc, etc..... I've learned to wait until she gets here before I go to lunch. If I have something to do away from my desk, I do it after she gets here. Yesterday, I was trying to concentrate on a worksheet, and she just went on and on and on. It is so annoying!

Hmmm, that makes me hungry...

Return to Top
#539561 - 10/12/06 06:38 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Sounds like she is in the wrong line of work. She is bored with her job, and eats all the time for something to do. She needs a job that keeps her hands busy, so she can't be constantly eating. Put her on the proof machine!

Return to Top
#539562 - 10/12/06 08:05 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
I sit near the front door of our admin building close to the receptionist, executive secretary and admin. assist...now mind you, I'm part of a completely different department but this is just where I got stuck...there's 3 of them and I spend half of my day answering their phones and helping people at the front desk because none of them are ever anywhere to be found...someone please explain this to me!!!!!!

Return to Top
#539563 - 10/12/06 08:06 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Quote:

Sounds like she is in the wrong line of work. She is bored with her job, and eats all the time for something to do. She needs a job that keeps her hands busy, so she can't be constantly eating. Put her on the proof machine!

If she's good looking, have her call me -- I'll give her a job that keeps her hands busy.

Return to Top
#539564 - 10/12/06 08:19 PM Re: Pet Peeves
mck401 Offline
Diamond Poster
Texas
Quote:

I sit near the front door of our admin building close to the receptionist, executive secretary and admin. assist...now mind you, I'm part of a completely different department but this is just where I got stuck...there's 3 of them and I spend half of my day answering their phones and helping people at the front desk because none of them are ever anywhere to be found...someone please explain this to me!!!!!!

sounds like they are managment in training.

Return to Top
#539565 - 10/12/06 08:20 PM Re: Pet Peeves
8675309 Offline
Diamond Poster
Where the wind comes sweeping ...
I share a wall with the men's restroom and there are no "smell" filters. It infiltrates my office and latches onto my nostrils til I am gagging.

Do I win???

Return to Top
Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17