BOL Conferences

Page 2 of 38 1 2 3 4 37 38
Thread Options
#426740 - 09/29/05 09:28 PM Re: Weight Watchers
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
Does anyone think it's a little strange that Weight Watchers is using a CHER song in their TV commercial?

I do. Don't get me wrong - I'm a big Cher fan and have been since forever. But she's not exactly the "type" for WW.

Return to Top
#426741 - 09/29/05 10:26 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
I guess I haven't seen the commercial. What song is it?

Return to Top
#426742 - 09/29/05 11:19 PM Re: Weight Watchers
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
Song for the Lonely

Return to Top
#426743 - 09/30/05 08:58 PM Re: Weight Watchers
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
WOW! I have considered joining, but I keep joining stupid gyms instead. So what usually happens is I go for 5 months, don't loose very much weight and give up.

Maybe WW is for me. Baby weight has really stayed with me and now I am in the visious food cycle. You know eat-gain-sad-eat-gain-sadder.

Return to Top
#426744 - 09/30/05 10:12 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
Weight Watchers is good but for me and my wife we have used Body for Life. Which combines eating right and excerise. Since March, I have lost 50 pounds and down 7 inches in my waist. My wife has lost 100 pounds in about 15 months.

Next weekend, we are having several couples over for a missing person party since between the 2 of us we have lost a person that would weigh 150.

go to www.bodyforlife.com for info on the plan

Return to Top
#426745 - 10/04/05 08:19 PM Re: Weight Watchers
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
AWESOME creditcop!!!!

I did Body for Life 5 years ago, still have the book. I was in great shape, but it wasn't a lifestyle change that was easy for me to live with. I was also a South Beach Diet fan and it worked too, for a while. Once upon a time I even tried the Cabbage soup diet!

I'm down 6 pounds - only 40 to go! I gave up my beloved Diet Coke - starting this morning and I am dying to have one!!! I LOVE going to WW meetings. Last night ours was in a church, it was good for the body and the soul.

Return to Top
#426746 - 10/04/05 09:42 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
My husband has tried that cabbage soup diet, 2 or 3 or 10 times. He never finishes out a full week on that stuff. I hate the smell it leaves in the house, yuk!

Our WW meetings are also held in a church. We have like 80 members, which is pretty good support. I've lost a total of 7.4 lbs. I weigh in again tomorrow night. I don't feel like I've lost much more weight over this past week, but I have stuck to my points. We'll see.

Return to Top
#426747 - 10/04/05 10:41 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Suzie Offline
Platinum Poster
Suzie
Far North
I had been thinking about WW and this thread inspired me to join. Thanks to all of you that posted. I went to my first meeting on Sunday afternoon, no not in a church, a seedy strip mall where WW holds meetngs 7 days a week.

I hope this thread remains active as I need all the motivation & support I can get.

By the way, the only WW food item I purchased was a box of 1 pt chocolate/carmel bars. If you are like me & need an occasional chocolate fix, this bar is a winner. Had one last night & could not believe it was only 1pt.

Keep postng folks --

Return to Top
#426748 - 10/04/05 10:45 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Although I'm not doing WW, thanks for the tip Suzie. I just started 'watching' what I eat about a week ago. With me, it's either feast or famine. I have to cut sweets out totally because I have absolutely no willpower. I've tried the Pria Shakes (chocolate of course). They have a lot of protein, fiber and vitamins and are quite tasty. Those may help when I'm in need of a chocolate fix.

Return to Top
#426749 - 10/05/05 01:36 PM Re: Weight Watchers
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Suzie,
I LOVE the chocolate/carmel bars. And I just learned that the a Kudos snack bar (I think it was chocolate chip) is only 3 points!

Return to Top
#426750 - 10/05/05 02:04 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Midwest Banker Offline
Gold Star
Cheeseland
I'm not sure if these are available in all areas, but for those of you (like me) who need that chocolate fix, try the sugar free Blue Bunny Fudge Bars. Yummm. Either one or two points. Also, for a morning chocolate fix, I like Chocolate Malt O Meal.....another yum. Keep up the good work everyone and remember, you didn't put this weight on over night and it won't come off over night.

Return to Top
#426751 - 10/05/05 02:53 PM Re: Weight Watchers
OnTheEdge Offline
Diamond Poster
SmallTown, USA
Mom of Princess NatalieBear - Does WW now require that you give up diet drinks? I was able to give them up completly about 10 yrs ago. It lasted about 2 yrs, but now I'm more addicted than ever.

Return to Top
#426752 - 10/05/05 03:51 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Chiquita Banana Offline
Diamond Poster
Chiquita Banana
The banana bin
You don't need to give up diet drinks but you do need to make sure you drink your water...at least 48 oz. I don't know about you but after that much water I don't want to drink anything else.

My water tips: Aquafina flavored waters like wild berry or Dasani Raspberry. Fruit20 is ok but a little strong.

I've almost eliminated caffeine from my diet but I still succumb to an occasional white mocha from Starbacks (fat free of course!)

Return to Top
#426753 - 10/05/05 06:14 PM Re: Weight Watchers
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
I broke down and bought one of the weight watchers 32 oz. cups. I cannot believe how easy it has made water drinking for me. I HATE water. Yesterday I drank 96 oz without really trying.

You can drink diet drinks, but there was a study done that found that both diet and regular pop (or soda)Increases Waistline and Can Lead to Obesity (click to read study) .

Return to Top
#426754 - 10/05/05 06:43 PM Re: Weight Watchers
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Pop is exactly how I got where I am. I was drinking about 72 oz of DR. Pepper a day! After I gained about 30lbs I looked at the calories and about fell over. I still drink Diet Coke at work, but only water at home.

Return to Top
#426755 - 10/13/05 05:22 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Suzie Offline
Platinum Poster
Suzie
Far North
My first week loss was 7 pounds. How motivating!! Even if the scales do not move downward for the next 3 weeks I'll be content. How is everyone else doing?

Return to Top
#426756 - 10/13/05 07:21 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Wow, great job Suzie!! Keep up the good work!!!

I've lost a total of 9.6 lbs. I feel a whole lot better and am getting into clothes I haven't worn in quite awhile. Feels good!

Return to Top
#426757 - 10/14/05 04:28 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
For those that are doing weight watchers, are you going to the meetings or doing it online? I did the online program before and it worked good, but no camaraderie. My evenings are filled with kiddies and they don't hold meetings during the day (that I am aware of) here.

Return to Top
#426758 - 10/14/05 06:32 PM Re: Weight Watchers
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
I go to the meetings. I go on Monday nights and the hubby, so far, has been able to stay with Natalie. The meeting is only 1/2 hour to an hour long, so far it's been working out.

There are some people that come with their kids to the meetings and it's never been a problem. We have a wonderfully loud and spirited group and the kids that come fit right in!

I did the WW online a few years ago, there is a support thread, if I remember correctly, but I needed more peer pressure than that.

Return to Top
#426759 - 10/14/05 07:13 PM Re: Weight Watchers
MyKidsMom Offline
Platinum Poster
MyKidsMom
TEXAS
I just finished my 2nd week and I'm down 8.6 lbs. Yippee. Only a million to go, one at a time. I go to the meetings and find that they really keep me going. I go at noon. I wouldn't be able to go in the evenings either.

Return to Top
#426760 - 10/14/05 07:24 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Lu Offline
Platinum Poster
I lost 25 lbs about 3 years ago. When I gain some, I go back to counting points. Applebees has WW pts on some of their dinners. They are good. Also use dwlz website because we eat out alot. It is amazing to see what is low and high in pts at the restaurants. I really love WW!

Return to Top
#426761 - 10/14/05 07:35 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Suzie Offline
Platinum Poster
Suzie
Far North
At this time, I do not have sufficient self discipline to succeed at weight loss without attending meetings. Grant that I am new at WW, but the thought of stepping on that scale each Sunday afternoon does wonders to curb my appetite.

Time to drink some water --

Return to Top
#426762 - 10/17/05 05:17 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Suzie Offline
Platinum Poster
Suzie
Far North
A loss of 1.8, yipee!

Return to Top
#426763 - 10/18/05 04:57 PM Re: Weight Watchers
bankerboy252 Offline
New Poster
bankerboy252
I've been on weight watchers for 1 week and have lost 5 pounds. I love the diet because you're not limited to what you can eat as long as you stay within your points.

Return to Top
#426764 - 10/18/05 05:02 PM Re: Weight Watchers
AngelinaLM Offline
Diamond Poster
Boise, ID
When I tried WW I found that I would save up all my points during the week and then blow it all on the weekend on pizza and a giant burger. WHOOPS, not really the point of it. I work out so much that I had so many points extra for the workout points that I would dip into those instead of my weekly points.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 38 1 2 3 4 37 38

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett