::high five:: Loralie! You are doing amazing things! smile

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1781134 - 01/30/13 03:42 PM Re: Will 2013 be the year? basilring
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I am fairly pleased with how I'm progressing. I want to lose a total of about 10 pounds. I've been exercising (treadmill & elliptical) for about 3 weeks now and doing lat pulldowns and using the roman chair about 3 days a week also. I'm also trying to eat healthier most of the time. I tend to slack off some on weekends.

I'm down about 2.5 pounds now; however I can tell a big difference in how my pants fit. They seem to be looser than 3 weeks about.

I know for some 10 pounds isn't a lot. I have always been small; however age and love of chocolate got the better of me. I don't want or need to get back to where I was when I was in my 20's; but I'll feel better about myself and be healthier if I can shed this excess weight. It will probably help my RA also.

Way to go Loralie!!! Actually - way to go everybody.

Return to Top
#1781142 - 01/30/13 03:50 PM Re: Will 2013 be the year? basilring
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
Great job Skittles! Keep up the good work!

Return to Top
#1781201 - 01/30/13 04:59 PM Re: Will 2013 be the year? basilring
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
So the conventional wisdom from all y'all's posts is that this is indeed the year!

Return to Top
#1781837 - 01/31/13 08:28 PM Re: Will 2013 be the year? basilring
Heather301, CRCM Offline
100 Club
I weighed in today and lost .8 for a total of 4.2 pounds! I am super excited because I haven't been motivated to eat right or exercise much in the last few days. It is a slow race but hopefully at the end it will be worth it!

Return to Top
#1781891 - 01/31/13 09:36 PM Re: Will 2013 be the year? basilring
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
I think I have reached a weight plateau this month as the scale has only gone down a pound since I started my personal training sessions. But the PT did a body fat measurement using calipers when I first started, and did another measurement on Sunday and said that I have lost 1% body fat this month. I was at 25%BF and now am at 24%. However, I don't think the BF measurement includes "the girls." So I am still looking to lose another 30 pounds.

My new pants are also fitting a little looser so I am going to try and not obsess on the scale for the next couple of week and focus on my exercise and how my clothes are fitting.

Return to Top
#1781898 - 01/31/13 09:47 PM Re: Will 2013 be the year? basilring
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
Just remember that when you are doing personal training, they are helping you build muscle, which weighs more than fat. As long as your measurements are declining in the right areas, don't sweat the number on the scale.

BTW, I was only able to workout one day since my last weighin a week and a half ago. We weighed in last night on my first day back in over a week, and I'm down another 1.5 pounds. Woo-hoo. Now to get back to work and exercise!

Return to Top
#1782152 - 02/01/13 05:33 PM Re: Will 2013 be the year? basilring
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
PR, its really hard not to obsess on the numbers thing, especially if you are a numbers person. But The scale is just one in a large series that have meaning. % of bodyfat is another. And yes the boobsie twins are made mostly of fat, but the equation that your PT is using should allow for that. They typically shrink in relation to the rest of your body.
Stick with how your clothes fit, how you feel and what the mirror tells you. If all these things are in line, the scale will eventually move and you and your mirror will get to be good friends. smile

Return to Top
#1782814 - 02/05/13 07:37 AM Re: Will 2013 be the year? basilring
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Took measurements on Sunday - Lost inches in my waist and hips, biceps are the same but the calipers show muscle gain over fat. I can now leg press my own body weight, and next week we start on free weights. I cannot believe the change in my upper thighs. A year ago they were very "jiggly" and now they are rock hard!

Scale is being a stubborn little *****. I'm going to ignore until Sunday.

What is also interesting is with all of the supplements I am taking, the gray seems to be slowing down a little. I have not colored my hair since September, and I took this
photo today

Did I mention I got carded for beer a couple of weeks ago? I think the clerk was just being nice, but I'll take it!

Return to Top
#1783683 - 02/07/13 03:55 PM Re: Will 2013 be the year? basilring
Loralie Offline
100 Club
Loralie
IL
MEPS was yesterday. I passed my physical, and killed the ASVAB so i'm officially joining the AFR. I got my 2nd 1st choice job (i don't qualify for my 1st first choice until later) and i leave for BMT in May.

excited, but also kinda freaking out! So, starting the Couch to 5k program this week. Heres to hoping i can get where i need to be before basic!!

Return to Top
#1783703 - 02/07/13 04:12 PM Re: Will 2013 be the year? basilring
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
AWESOME Loralie!!!

Return to Top
#1783707 - 02/07/13 04:18 PM Re: Will 2013 be the year? basilring
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
My brother-in-law is in basic right now for the National Guard. He's in really good shape, 21 years old, ran the Chicago marathon last year, etc. He's losing his mind sitting around all the time at basic, mad that he's not getting nearly as much exercise as he'd get at home. The longest jog they've done in the first 3 weeks was 2 miles. He was amazed at the number of people that couldn't even do 10 push-ups (18-20 year old boys).

Not to discount the difficulty of these things, but just trying to point out that you shouldn't stress about it too much. Get your fitness level up, you'll definitely be glad you did, but you don't need to be able to do a 21 minute 5k or anything crazy like that laugh

Also, congratulations on passing and in the job selection. Might I ask what the choice is, or if you told me would you have to kill me?? eek

Return to Top
#1783776 - 02/07/13 05:29 PM Re: Will 2013 be the year? basilring
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Way to go Loralie!! grin

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1783810 - 02/07/13 06:06 PM Re: Will 2013 be the year? Matt_B
'Lil Freak! Offline
10K Club
'Lil Freak!
The psych ward
Originally Posted By: Matt_B
(18-20 year old boys).

I found this amusing considering the poster's own age grin

Return to Top
#1783828 - 02/07/13 06:43 PM Re: Will 2013 be the year? 'Lil Freak!
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
Originally Posted By: 'Lil Freak!
(18-20 year old boys).

I'm amazed you can read the tiny type, considering your age! You probably use a screen magnifier though wink

Return to Top
#1783836 - 02/07/13 06:57 PM Re: Will 2013 be the year? basilring
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Perhaps he has the screen resolution set to 800x600?

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1783860 - 02/07/13 07:22 PM Re: Will 2013 be the year? manimal
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Originally Posted By: manimal
Perhaps he has the screen resolution set to 800x600?

If so, I have a computer loaded with Windows 3.1 and a big 'ol CRT sitting in the garage he can have.

Return to Top
#1783867 - 02/07/13 07:25 PM Re: Will 2013 be the year? basilring
Loralie Offline
100 Club
Loralie
IL
My first first choice is Chaplains Assistant. But you have to be "prior service" to get it- so basically, i go make nicey nice with the chaplain as soon as i get sworn in, and if he likes me then he'll hold the open spot for me till i get out of Tech School. Here's hoping that's what happenes. In the meantime I'm doing Medical Materials (AKA supply clerk for the hospital -so basically inventory) but it seems fairly easy, and had the shortest tech school so I won't be gone from my daughter that long.

and a 2 mile jog will kill me right now!!
Last edited by Loralie; 02/07/13 07:26 PM.

Return to Top
#1783880 - 02/07/13 07:46 PM Re: Will 2013 be the year? Matt_B
'Lil Freak! Offline
10K Club
'Lil Freak!
The psych ward
Originally Posted By: 'Lil Freak!
(18-20 year old boys).

I'm amazed you can read the tiny type, considering your age! You probably use a screen magnifier though wink

::bonks Matt with EZ Eyes™ keyboard::

Turd....

Return to Top
#1783918 - 02/07/13 08:49 PM Re: Will 2013 be the year? basilring
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
Gosh I hope that's been properly sanitized!

Good luck with your choices Loralie! And you'll be able to build to 2 miles with relative ease, no worries. Doing it in combat boots...that might be a different story eek

Return to Top
#1784414 - 02/08/13 09:39 PM Re: Will 2013 be the year? basilring
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
Congrats Loralie!! Remember to pm if you wants some ideas and tips for basic. Do you know where that tech school is located? If you stay in the San Antonio area, I will be more than happy to cook you a home-cooked meal or two during tech school. I will give you my info (pm) so you can write me you unit info so I can hit your graduation!!

Return to Top
#1784585 - 02/11/13 01:42 PM Re: Will 2013 be the year? basilring
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
How's everyone doing? I weighed at home this morning and am half a pound shy of my short term goal of under 210. Haven't worked out in a week and a half, but still losing.

Keep up the hard work everybody!

And way to go Loralie!

Return to Top
#1784647 - 02/11/13 03:22 PM Re: Will 2013 be the year? basilring
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
Way to go Dani! Stair-stepped goals are great, and do wonders for keeping you motivated.

I have pretty much stopped weighing, it's not doing anything useful for me these days. Unlike summer when my runs cause me to lose 3-5 pounds and I need to pay attention to it for water intake needs, winter runs don't seem to do much of anything numerically.

I need to get some of my food habits under control again, I've been munching a lot lately, particularly between dinner and bed. I don't know if my workout changes have changed my food demands that much or what's going on there really.

Return to Top
#1784687 - 02/11/13 04:03 PM Re: Will 2013 be the year? basilring
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Ever miss a (few) workout(s) and feel like a total blob? That's me today.

sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1784706 - 02/11/13 04:26 PM Re: Will 2013 be the year? basilring
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Funny - I've been walking/jogging on the treadmill 3 days a week for about 4-5 weeks now. Yesterday I got on the Wii (haven't done that for over a year) and bowled a few games and hit some home runs. You wouldn't believe how sore I am today. Eeekkkk!

Return to Top
Page 12 of 25 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 24 25

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett