Skip to content
BOL Conferences

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1820936 - 06/06/13 02:16 PM Re: Happy National Running Day! CheshireAliCat
Post-it Offline
Post-it
Midwest
Running is not my first choice when it comes to exercise. I use to run and play sports when I was in high school but now my body is rebelling in the form of shin splints. Reading everyone’s posts made me want to try again so last night I took my lab for a walk........boy was she excited!
I would like to take her all the time but man am I feeling it this morning!

Return to Top
#1820953 - 06/06/13 02:39 PM Re: Happy National Running Day! CheshireAliCat
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
I enjoy relaxing by sitting in a comfy chair and listening to music. With an iPod, running is exactly the same, minus the chair.

Return to Top
#1820974 - 06/06/13 02:58 PM Re: Happy National Running Day! Post-it
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
Originally Posted By: Post-it
Running is not my first choice when it comes to exercise. I use to run and play sports when I was in high school but now my body is rebelling in the form of shin splints. Reading everyone’s posts made me want to try again so last night I took my lab for a walk........boy was she excited!
I would like to take her all the time but man am I feeling it this morning!

Well Done! Everybody starts (or restarts) with a single step. If you have had shin splint problems in the past and are thinking a bout gettin back into it, look into having a gait analysis done at a local running store. Its usually free. They can recommend the best types of shoes. You can also lookinto compression sleeves. they are really helpful for the shin splints!

Return to Top
#1821055 - 06/06/13 04:28 PM Re: Happy National Running Day! CheshireAliCat
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
Thanks to Happy for making me feel like a bum, I was compelled to get out as well last night. It was low 60's, near sun-down and pretty nice minus the crazy humidity and gnats that aren't an issue much in the mornings.

It made me feel better about taking this morning off, that's for sure!

I enjoy sleeping, or laying in bed after waking up and not doing anything. Running is basically the same, except that it's not at all laugh

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett