Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2299478 - 07/18/24 04:48 PM Guardian Ad Litem order
J_G Offline
Gold Star
We received an order appointing a guardian ad litem for an elderly client who has a DBA account. I don't recall ever receiving one of these before. It states that the guardian ad litem shall have access to any and all financial information regarding the respondent; and all financial institutions or other entities having information with respect to any assets belonging to the respondent are hereby authorized to release and disclose to the guardian ad litem any information and financial records concerning the respondent.

Are we allowed to share bank account information (or any suspicions of elder financial abuse) with this guardian ad litem? I thought we had to have a subpoena to share documents/information.

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#2299480 - 07/18/24 05:10 PM Re: Guardian Ad Litem order J_G
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
You need to run this by your legal counsel, but it sounds like the court order gives them compete financial record access.

"hereby authorized to release and disclose to the guardian ad litem any information and financial records concerning the respondent."

If this is a DBA - it is the same as the individual.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett