Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2299355 - 07/15/24 04:26 PM News on the Appraisal Bias Front
InFairness, CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
InFairness, CRCM
USA
HUD has filed charges against an appraiser, an AMC, and a lender for housing discrimination stemming from appraisal bias.

HUD v. Maksym Mykhailyna, Maverick Appraisal Group, Solidifi U.S. Inc,. and Rocket Mortgage

Separately, HUD has entered into a conciliation agreement with The Appraisal Foundation to resolve allegations that appraiser qualification standards have resulted in disparate impact on the basis of race. Among other changes, the conciliation agreement will require all mentors to complete a course covering fair housing laws and regulations and valuation bias prior to working with trainees. In addition, The Appraisal Foundation will have to display the Equal Housing Opportunity logo and a non-discrimination statement on its website.

The Appraisal Foundation conciliation agreement

Return to Top
Fair Lending
#2299411 - 07/17/24 01:09 AM Re: News on the Appraisal Bias Front InFairness, CRCM
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
Ouch! Thanks for finding this one InFairness

Return to Top
#2299488 - 07/18/24 07:32 PM Re: News on the Appraisal Bias Front InFairness, CRCM
InFairness, CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
InFairness, CRCM
USA
Today the FFIEC released the final rules on reconsideration of value requests.

Reconsideration of Value Final Rule

Return to Top
#2299492 - 07/18/24 07:44 PM Re: News on the Appraisal Bias Front InFairness, CRCM
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
A big nothing burger if you ask me. Nothing new and no specifics.

Return to Top
#2299493 - 07/18/24 07:46 PM Re: News on the Appraisal Bias Front InFairness, CRCM
Compliance Poster Offline
Gold Star
I didn't see a mandatory compliance date in the document. Does this mean its effective now?

Return to Top
#2299494 - 07/18/24 07:54 PM Re: News on the Appraisal Bias Front InFairness, CRCM
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
It is guidance. There is no effective date other than today.

Return to Top