Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2299404 - 07/16/24 08:10 PM SAR Notification from the Front Line
Santos T. Offline
New Poster
Hello!

Would anyone have a front line SAR notification form that they would be willing to share?

At a prior institution that I worked for we had a "Questionable Activity Report" which the front line would submit to BSA in the event of any suspicious activity. The BSA Department would then review, investigate and file a SAR if warranted.

At my current institution we use a "Suspicious Activity Notification Form" that is incredible bare and leads to more questions and headache than it is worth.

I am wanting to revise the form (I don't have a copy of my old form) and was wondering if anyone would be willing to share a blank form used at their institutions so that I don't miss any valuable information.

Thanks!

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2299450 - 07/18/24 12:39 PM Re: SAR Notification from the Front Line Santos T.
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
our form is fairly simple, has the person submitting, date, location, applicable client and account information, then free form for the front line staff to type out what they feel was suspicious about hte activity.

Return to Top
#2299531 - 07/19/24 07:12 PM Re: SAR Notification from the Front Line Santos T.
Amy S Offline
100 Club
Our form is fairly simple also. Asks for the customers/non-customer info and a detailed description of what is going on. I would rather figure it out on my own based on what they "think" is going on.

Return to Top
#2299787 - 07/26/24 06:58 PM Re: SAR Notification from the Front Line Santos T.
A_Carney Offline
New Poster
Some AML systems have a Suspicious Activity form that can be used, and modified to suit your needs, that will alert staff responsible to investigate or who would need to be notified.

We use a form created within our enterprise case management system, that creates a weekly report to all departments involved, and has a procedure on how to alert, who to initially assign it to etc. That way anyone who needs to know is able to document, investigate, etc.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z