BOL Conferences

Page 13 of 22 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 21 22
Thread Options
#711070 - 04/04/07 01:46 PM Re: American Idol #12
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Either the bald guy or the girl emphasizing physical attributes over vocal ones. Sorry, I don't know names.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#711071 - 04/04/07 01:48 PM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
#12 Offline
Diamond Poster
Pale, that would be Phil or Haley. I agree with you, and MadisonCali, Sanyjaya was pretty bad again, although not as bad as he's been in the past!

Return to Top
#711080 - 04/04/07 02:03 PM Re: American Idol #12
CelticsPride Offline
Platinum Poster
CelticsPride
The Boston "Gahden"
Should be Phil or Haley, but I am going with a shocker, LeKisha. Just a feeling.

Return to Top
#711083 - 04/04/07 02:06 PM Re: American Idol MadisonCali
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Dial Idol shows that it is so close that Melinda is the only one that is safe. Phil actually appears to be in second with Sunjaya in third. Haley looks to be at the bottom with Lakisha, Gina, and Jordan not far behind. It is amazing that aside from Melinda, the other 8 contestants are all close enough that with the margin of error they could all be in the bottom 3.

Return to Top
#711085 - 04/04/07 02:09 PM Re: American Idol CelticsPride
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Lakisha was not good last night in my opinion, and her voters may become split between Melinda and Jordin who, once again, showed they had what it takes to be the next big star.

Phil was scary and sang badly. He should be going home.

Someguya Gonetoofar was better than he has ever been, which frankly is still not even close to being good enough.

Gina sounded great last night. I was a bit ticked at Simon saying he couldn't compliment her because two girls before her were so fantastic. What a little hypocrit. Gina sounded much better than Lakisha, and he said she did a good job. Maybe his good meter reset after hearing Someguya!

Haley was, in the immortal words of Randy, ahhhaight. Nothing special, but not worse than some others. As for her emphasizing physical attributes over vocal ones, I think Lakisha does this far more than Haley. Haley is just pretty. She can't change that. Lakisha, on the other hand shows more cleavage every week, and appears to be trying to look sexy.

Blake disappointed me a bit last night. He was good, but I've grown to expect more.

Return to Top
#711099 - 04/04/07 02:21 PM Re: American Idol B_F
A_G Offline
10K Club
I missed it again - I'll need to catch the recap on the show tonight...

Return to Top
#711103 - 04/04/07 02:22 PM Re: American Idol A_G
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Don't worry, I think this was the weakest week so far. Noone to me REALLY stood out.

Return to Top
#711109 - 04/04/07 02:33 PM Re: American Idol B_F
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Will Tony sing tonight? His interaction with the idols was very short and shallow, it seemed. May have just been the way the clips were edited though.

Return to Top
#711119 - 04/04/07 02:43 PM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
RachelD Offline
Gold Star
What was with Tony giving so much credit to Sanjaya? He is so bad I want to turn off the show everytime he sings I can't stand that he is still on the show. Tony was saying what a fan he is of Sanjaya's he barely said anything about the rest of the contestants. I don't get it!

Return to Top
#711142 - 04/04/07 03:28 PM Re: American Idol RachelD
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Sanjaya is a lounge-lizard in the making. He'll eek out a living in hotel bars and on cruise ships singing Tony Bennett and Barry Manilow songs.....of course Tony liked him. They sing the same style. (Not that I'm saying the two are comparable, by any means! It's just that this is the style of music Sanjaya can actually sort of sing.)

Edited to add that Sanjaya's eyebrows still creep me out far worse than Phil's Nosferatu-esque appearance. He appears to have a wooly worm trained to stay just above each eye.
Last edited by Becca; 04/04/07 03:29 PM.

Return to Top
#711164 - 04/04/07 03:41 PM Re: American Idol RR Becca
Romy Offline
New Poster
Ok, but he's so not even good enough to sing in hotel bars or cruise ships! Believe it or not, those people actually have some talent. Is it just me, or does Sanjaya look like a young tone deaf Michael Jackson? I think that Tony and others say positive things about Sanjaya because they just plain feel sorry for him and it's so baffling to them that so many people vote for him every week. I don't get it either RachelD! I prefer quality myself. You can be unique and still have quality. I really wish they would vote him off already, but I doubt that will happen until the very end. Have any of you heard about the craze surrounding the website to vote for the worst American Idol in order to make the show look bad? Also, how come some of you have avatars and others don't? How do I put my pic. up?

Return to Top
#711180 - 04/04/07 03:50 PM Re: American Idol Romy
*BUSTER* Offline
Power Poster
*BUSTER*
In hades.
Romy, PM sent...

I never finish anyth

Return to Top
#711357 - 04/04/07 05:58 PM Re: American Idol *BUSTER*
Romy Offline
New Poster
Thanks :)I am new to BOL and I have only posted this one time but what I notice from the posts above is that everyone's avatars are either fictional/cartoon/symbols. Do people post actual pictures of themselves or this not a good idea? Just trying to get a sense of the culture of the Cooler I guess... I am a tall blond female which is difficult to conceal in pics. of me and I don't want to generate too much attention from the online banking community! Maybe I'll just post a pic. of my dog too.

Return to Top
#711363 - 04/04/07 06:05 PM Re: American Idol Romy
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
Somebody...anybody...PLEASE tell me Sanjaya is going home 2nite!!!!! (even though I know it won't happen...lie to me anyway!)

Return to Top
#711370 - 04/04/07 06:11 PM Re: American Idol Miscuit
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Madam Biscuit, Someguya Gonetoofar is going home tonight! (If there is any justice in this world!)

Return to Top
#711381 - 04/04/07 06:18 PM Re: American Idol B_F
CelticsPride Offline
Platinum Poster
CelticsPride
The Boston "Gahden"
Ms. Biscuit, my Mom always taught me not to lie, Alas, Sanjaya will survive again.

Return to Top
#711464 - 04/04/07 07:20 PM Re: American Idol CelticsPride
anon2006 Offline
Platinum Poster
I wish Haley would stop trying to look sexy and focus on her singing - maybe she would improve. If her skirt gets any shorter, viewers are going to get a peep show - lol

Did anyone else notice that it looked like Sanjaya took Simon's comment seriously? As though Simon really thought he did well last night?

Also, I am really starting to sound like a hater here but Randy is really getting on my nerves with his constant "I dont know dawg....it just didnt do it for me man...."

Return to Top
#711476 - 04/04/07 07:28 PM Re: American Idol anon2006
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
I just want to know which one of you is voting for Sanjaya... I'm thinking about knocking out any phone lines in the area's around his fans...

Return to Top
#711479 - 04/04/07 07:30 PM Re: American Idol anon2006
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
I think that Simon is the only judge who has an original thought or can express his opinion of their performances. Randy and Paula only have like two or three little catch pharses that they use to describe a performance - with Paula generally just repeating what Randy says.

Return to Top
#711482 - 04/04/07 07:32 PM Re: American Idol thomasj
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Simon looks for the shortcomings of each performance/performer. If there's even a minor problem, he's going to point it out. With Simon, it seems to be all about perfection.

Paula looks for the positive in each performance/performer. If there is anything to be happy about, she's going to point it out. With Paula, it seems to be all about doing your personal best.

Randy is there for the Yo factor. He tries to give constructive criticism, and stay positive. But, if there is a major problem, he's going to hammer you with it. With Randy, it seems to be all about meeting expectations.

Return to Top
#711492 - 04/04/07 07:43 PM Re: American Idol B_F
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
I haven't watched this season of Idol, but it doesn't sound like I'm missing much. I've seen clips of Sanjaya performing and the best thing he has going for himself is his hair.

Seriously, I know that Howard Stern likes a good joke, but it's just cruel to keep this kid on the show and make America listen to him. This guy is William Hung II but just doesn't know it yet.

Return to Top
#711506 - 04/04/07 07:56 PM Re: American Idol Sing A Little
A_G Offline
10K Club
and as bad as William Hung was (is) he gotta record deal and went on tour...

not that either were very successful, but he got his 15+ minutes of fame

Return to Top
#711525 - 04/04/07 08:10 PM Re: American Idol anon2006
Happy Drugs Offline
Platinum Poster
Happy Drugs
Central Texas
I am so glad I am not the only one that is tired of Randy saying the same thing over and over again, I really don't hear constructive criticism, just you dawg, it justs doesn't do anything for me-how articulate can you be.

Return to Top
#711539 - 04/04/07 08:19 PM Re: American Idol Happy Drugs
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
I think that the three of them should have their heads examined for allowing Sunjaya get to the point where viewers votes could keep him around. I would have liked to have seen Sundance make it to the big show, because I think he had potential.

Return to Top
#711545 - 04/04/07 08:22 PM Re: American Idol thomasj
anon2006 Offline
Platinum Poster
Thanks Music - i was really starting to think it was me dawg. I dont know man, it wasnt your best....

Return to Top
Page 13 of 22 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 21 22