BOL Conferences
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options Tools
#71014 - 04/07/03 03:34 PM Re: April Hoodwink
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
Quote:

Tell me about it - I was supposed to be sitting in the sun watching opneing day at Wrigley Field having a couple beverages, and instead I am at work looking at 6 inches of wet, nasty snow on the ground!

Poor guy! I wish that this snow would have come on Friday during the Brewers opening day, but then I would have to wish for Miller Park to not be there. It only took 2 1/2 minutes during the opening game for the Brewers to be booed.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#71015 - 04/07/03 03:50 PM Re: April Hoodwink
Anonymous
Unregistered

"Where in Penna?"
Northeast Pa., WE had a few nice days, in the 50's and one actually alomost hit 70, bit now it's back to the 30's and snowing.
This really STINKS!!!!

Return to Top
#71016 - 04/07/03 04:25 PM Re: April Hoodwink
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Sunny, semi-arid Lubbock, Texas......gotta love it!

Return to Top
#71017 - 04/07/03 04:30 PM Re: April Hoodwink
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Rant Warning!!!! About the snow and the schools...
I just received a call from my son's "Class Mom" who informed
be that they were closing school at 12:40 and someone has to
pick up my son. I said: "I can't make it in less than 40 minutes on
a good day...". Then she said thet'll keep him until I can get there.
Go figure...

in ENJAY

Return to Top
#71018 - 04/07/03 04:42 PM Re: April Hoodwink
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Quote:

in ENJAY

Maria,
I didn't know it was proper to shorten New Jersey to 'NJ.' I thought the proper short form was 'Joisey.'

Return to Top
#71019 - 04/07/03 04:45 PM Re: April Hoodwink
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Quote:

Move south. We're having lovely weather. Trees are budding, flowers in bloom, lawns are green........

Just don't tell them about the tennis ball sized hail and possible tornado we had over the weekend. The apple tree blossoms and the purple irises survived; 20 feet of the 6 foot wood fence did not. Have discovered my husband can dig holes for and set 3 posts in an afternoon. (3 down, how many to go?!)

Return to Top
#71020 - 04/07/03 04:48 PM Re: April Hoodwink
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Quote:

20 feet of the 6 foot wood fence did not.

D.C. math?

Return to Top
#71021 - 04/07/03 04:50 PM Re: April Hoodwink
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Hey..... 20 feet long, 6 feet high. OK, at the moment, it's more like 20 feet long, 6 feet wide, and 2 inches high, since it's flat on the yard.

Return to Top
#71022 - 04/07/03 05:29 PM Re: April Hoodwink
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Quote:

Quote:

Move south. We're having lovely weather. Trees are budding, flowers in bloom, lawns are green........

Just don't tell them about the tennis ball sized hail and possible tornado we had over the weekend. The apple tree blossoms and the purple irises survived; 20 feet of the 6 foot wood fence did not. Have discovered my husband can dig holes for and set 3 posts in an afternoon. (3 down, how many to go?!)

That was over in the Big D. Here in Lubbock, we had a little wind......otherwise, it was lovely.

Return to Top
#71023 - 04/07/03 06:32 PM Re: April Hoodwink
JeloQuen Offline
JeloQuen
Middle America
Thanks for the great laughs everyone. That's what is so nice about reading missed Friday posts, seems that Friday's are my busiest days. I wanted to share not an April's Fools joke, but a moving story. (Too bad it wasn't an April's Fools joke!)

A friend of my ex-husband was being re-assigned to another base. (yes, this was on a military installation) The night before his vehicle was to be loaded for transport, a group of guys filled his car with packing peanuts and proceeded to strap his car shut with the big packing straps they use on shipping crates.

Return to Top
#71024 - 04/07/03 06:35 PM Re: April Hoodwink
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
Quote:

That was over in the Big D. Here in Lubbock, we had a little wind......otherwise, it was lovely.

Now, now Shirley! Let's not mislead people about the definition of 'a little wind'. Out here in West Texas - that means gusts of less than 50 miles an hour. Anything more than 50 mph would be 'pretty windy'.

There's a good reason why all the trees in West Texas lean in the direction the wind blows. If they were straight, they'd fall over if the wind ever quit blowing.

Return to Top
#71025 - 04/07/03 07:00 PM Re: April Hoodwink
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
Quote:

Quote:

in ENJAY

Maria,
I didn't know it was proper to shorten New Jersey to 'NJ.' I thought the proper short form was 'Joisey.'

OK, nobody in New Jersey refers to the state as "Joisey." Da boids may choip on toidy-toid street, but dat's in Brooklyn, not New Jersey. But don't take my word for it: ask Bruce Springsteen whether he's in love with a "Jersey Girl" or a "Joisey Goil."

Return to Top
#71026 - 04/07/03 08:18 PM Re: April Hoodwink
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Quote:

Quote:

Now, now Shirley! Let's not mislead people about the definition of 'a little wind'. Out here in West Texas - that means gusts of less than 50 miles an hour. Anything more than 50 mph would be 'pretty windy'.

There's a good reason why all the trees in West Texas lean in the direction the wind blows. If they were straight, they'd fall over if the wind ever quit blowing.

No, no, Lestie! Now YOU'RE giving the wrong impression. Yes. We have some extreme wind, but there are not that many days out of the year in which it's ultra windy. I'll take the wind as long as I still get pretty spring weather, semi-arid summers, mild autumns and not-too-severe winters (it only snows a couple of days per year....if we're lucky).

It's a great place!! Right Lestie? Right.

Return to Top
#71027 - 04/07/03 08:31 PM Re: April Hoodwink
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
No Snow here! It's about 30 and clear as a bell. I can see all the moutains from my office window. Ahhh how nice!

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#71028 - 04/07/03 08:45 PM Re: April Hoodwink
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Quote:

No Snow here! It's about 30 and clear as a bell. I can see all the moutains from my office window. Ahhh how nice!

Go ahead!! Keep rubbing it in......about how you have a WINDOW in your OFFICE!! Pretty soon, no one will like you any more.

Return to Top
#71029 - 04/07/03 08:50 PM Re: April Hoodwink
DawgFan Offline
Diamond Poster
DawgFan
United States
I'm getting ready to move to an office where I will no longer have a window. Dawnie, can you take a picture (of those mountains) for me and mail it to me so that I can at least imagine that there is a window in my new office (never mind that there aren't any mountains around here)? I'll tape it to the wall.

Return to Top
#71030 - 04/07/03 09:02 PM Re: April Hoodwink
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
Quote:

I'm getting ready to move to an office where I will no longer have a window. Dawnie, can you take a picture (of those mountains) for me and mail it to me so that I can at least imagine that there is a window in my new office (never mind that there aren't any mountains around here)? I'll tape it to the wall.

LOL! That's what I do! I look to my right and I have beautiful San Diego "out my window"!

Return to Top
#71031 - 04/07/03 09:26 PM Re: April Hoodwink
DawgFan Offline
Diamond Poster
DawgFan
United States
Well, I just moved into a new apartment and my girlfriend has it in her head that I should decorate with mirrors. She also knows about my new office and the fact that it doesn't have a window. Anyhow, we were in Pier 1 this weekend and she saw a mirror that had "shutters" on it. She says "Look, you can put this up in your office and it will look like a window".

Return to Top
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4