Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options Tools
#70964 - 04/01/03 07:47 PM Re: April Hoodwink
ABrown Offline
Gold Star
Texas
I put a piece of tape over the button on the phone cradle so that when you pick up the phone, it still rings. I hate to say it, but I do this on a regular basis to one of the ladies in the office. Sadly, she always knows who to come after.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#70965 - 04/01/03 07:53 PM Re: April Hoodwink
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you really want to frustrate someone, you can do this, but you have to do it over a long period. Every day for 'x' amount of weeks, when your target in the bank is out, spread a handful of the little paper dots that come out of a triple hole punch wither on their seat or under their desk or on their desk. Different place each day, but enough that it gets annoying. On the day of your choosing, leave another pile on their seat, but then leave a distinguishable trail of the paper dots throughout the bank ending up at the desk of someone you wish to frame. It helps if you plant the triple hole punch at their desk also!

Return to Top
#70966 - 04/01/03 08:02 PM Re: April Hoodwink
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
The tape on the phone is a fun one! Here's another good phone prank:
This one works best if your victims are in different buildings, or at least different floors. Forward Victim A's incoming calls to Victim B's phone. The beauty of this is that Victim B will not be able to call Victim A to sort out the problem.

Return to Top
#70967 - 04/01/03 08:03 PM Re: April Hoodwink
yy2say Offline
Gold Star
yy2say
PA
Quote:

If you really want to frustrate someone, you can do this, but you have to do it over a long period. Every day for 'x' amount of weeks, when your target in the bank is out, spread a handful of the little paper dots that come out of a triple hole punch wither on their seat or under their desk or on their desk. Different place each day, but enough that it gets annoying. On the day of your choosing, leave another pile on their seat, but then leave a distinguishable trail of the paper dots throughout the bank ending up at the desk of someone you wish to frame. It helps if you plant the triple hole punch at their desk also!

Now that is really devious ...I love it!

Return to Top
#70968 - 04/01/03 08:09 PM Re: April Hoodwink
yy2say Offline
Gold Star
yy2say
PA
This one really happened ...we had a guy that continually parked in the handicap spot in front of the building. We didn't serve customers at the time, so wasn't a real issue in his mind. It used to really bug this one woman in our office and she told him that one day he was going to get a ticket. On April fools day last year, she called the cops and they came by the building, walked into his office and asked him to move his vehicle. He thought it was an April fools joke and almost gave them a hassle before realizing they were for real. We got a real good laugh out of that one!!!!

Return to Top
#70969 - 04/01/03 08:20 PM Re: April Hoodwink
RGS Offline
Platinum Poster
RGS
Home of the 8 time NCAA Champ ...
The meanest April Fools joke I know of was perpetrated by my best friend when we were sixteen. He told his dad that his girlfriend was pregnant. His dad turned about three colors in 5 seconds before he had to follow up with "April Fools".

Return to Top
#70970 - 04/01/03 09:54 PM Re: April Hoodwink
Little Sister Offline
100 Club
Iowa
At work today, someone put a few Bud Light's in the pop machine. The first unsuspecting soul was expecting a Diet Dr. Pepper but got a Bud. That was good for a few laughs.

Return to Top
#70971 - 04/01/03 10:07 PM Re: April Hoodwink
yy2say Offline
Gold Star
yy2say
PA
Quote:

The meanest April Fools joke I know of was perpetrated by my best friend when we were sixteen. He told his dad that his girlfriend was pregnant. His dad turned about three colors in 5 seconds before he had to follow up with "April Fools".

I put salt in the sugar bowl one year when I was about 12 ...it made both my sisters almost ill.

Return to Top
#70972 - 04/01/03 10:09 PM Re: April Hoodwink
yy2say Offline
Gold Star
yy2say
PA
Quote:

At work today, someone put a few Bud Light's in the pop machine. The first unsuspecting soul was expecting a Diet Dr. Pepper but got a Bud. That was good for a few laughs.

Now that is the kind of April Fools joke we would like around here today!!!!

Return to Top
#70973 - 04/01/03 10:20 PM Re: April Hoodwink
Go Royals Offline
Go Royals
Lincoln, Nebraska
In high school our entire english class conspired to stage an earthquake (This was in Nebraska, but a "scientist" had predicted a huge earthquake for Missouri.) Anyway at the appointed time we all started shaking our desks and yelled earthquake. The teacher grabbed her chest and gasped (I thought we'd killed her!!!) Anyway we all stopped to laugh at her to which she astutely replied - "I wondered why you were all quaking and I wasn't."

Return to Top
#70974 - 04/01/03 10:35 PM Re: April Hoodwink
Starky Offline
100 Club
Starky
Arkansas
Salt in the sugar bowl. My 7 year old son pulled that one this morning. You should have seen my wife's face. Priceless.

Return to Top
#70975 - 04/01/03 10:52 PM Re: April Hoodwink
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
When I was in high school each senior class always pulled a senior prank. One year they took apart a car and rebuilt it in the cafeteria. The year I was a senior, they let loose pigeons and rabbits in the cafeteria!

Return to Top
#70976 - 04/01/03 10:54 PM Re: April Hoodwink
Anonymous
Unregistered

We let greased pigs loose in the hallways. (and hundreds if not thousands of crickets loose in cafeteria)

Return to Top
#70977 - 04/01/03 11:49 PM Re: April Hoodwink
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
We put baby chicks in the lockers of all the jocks at the school right after their bus came in from a field trip to the zoo. The principal thought they'd stolen them and they all had to do extra homework writing, I will not steal chickens, or some such thing.

I was on the cheer squad and listened to the guys speculate what geek had sent them...all along it was an insider Gotta love it!

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#70978 - 04/02/03 12:25 AM Re: April Hoodwink
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
We used to do the tape on the phone thing, as well as clear plastic wrap over the toilet. One of my favorites was to put vaseline inside the handle of someones teller drawer while they were out to lunch, or use clear packing tape to tape the drawer completely shut (works for desk drawers too). I have also put scotch tape over their teller and date stamps so that when they stamp all they get is a smear. I also used to tape down the paper feed buttons on adding machines and teller machines, when someone turns them on in the morning, they keep feeding paper until the victim realizes what is hapening. We used to take the cardboard core out of the left over tape rolls on the proof machine and pull the paper out of the center. If you did it right it was like a magicians trick and the entire roll would unwind. We would rig this above a door and the first person through would get a shower of paper tape.

Once at a drive in branch I worked at, we had blinds that we had to pull down after hours. The female branch manager was always good for a laugh or two so we taped a Playgirl centerfold on the inside of the blind so at the end of the day when she pulled it down, she was face to ......well the center fold was there! We pulled some other pranks that I can't mention in this forum, but we always had a really good time!

A couple of classics that I was told about from years before I started:

Tellers used to have to manually encode all of our savings account deposits and withdrawals at the end of the day. The head teller was showing the new guy how to do it, but he added a little something. He rigged a pedal on the floor and told the guy that between every slip he had to stomp the pedal as hard as he could. This supposedly went on for several weeks before someone let him in on the joke.

The same head teller grabbed this guys keys one day and ran across the street to the hardware store and duplicated his car key. The next day on the way to work he stoped at his house and moved his car down the block.

They also did a variation on the drug test where they took those clear glass tubes that cigars come in and gave it to a new female teller and told her she had to "fill" it. Though it would likely bring a lawsuit today, back then the look on her face was supposedly priceless!

Return to Top
#70979 - 04/02/03 03:02 PM Re: April Hoodwink
yy2say Offline
Gold Star
yy2say
PA
Quote:

Salt in the sugar bowl. My 7 year old son pulled that one this morning. You should have seen my wife's face. Priceless.

It was my first April fools joke ever (and a very, very long time ago) ...my mother just about killed me, then laughed and laughed. My sisters didn't talk to me for awhile

Return to Top
#70980 - 04/02/03 05:55 PM Re: April Hoodwink
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
I received a copy of the audit report from our BSA audit on April 1st, I had to double check that the "outstanding" rating we received was not a cruel April fools prank! Thankfully the report was dated March 27th!

Return to Top
#70981 - 04/02/03 06:21 PM Re: April Hoodwink
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Well gang, I think you have all outdone yourselves with the practical
jokes! I needed a chuckle today as I didn't have much time yesterday.
But U just have to tell you that the hole-punch joke is a good one;
we 1/2 filled a Sr VP's umbrella with the stuff and when he went outside
in the rain, it actually snowed!

Return to Top
#70982 - 04/02/03 06:36 PM Re: April Hoodwink
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Here's an old one.

One loan servicing rep left a note for another loan servicing rep to return a call to a customer yesterday.

The customer's name was Myra Maines. The phone number was to a local funeral home.

The person who answered wasn't happy, they received a number of calls during the day for the same person.

Our employee had now idea she was set up. She called the funeral home back later to apologize.

Return to Top
#70983 - 04/02/03 06:50 PM Re: April Hoodwink
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
I couldn't share yesterday...because my victim reads BOL. I sent one of my co-workers a dozen pink and blue ballons with It's a girl and It's a boy on them. The card read...Honey, Guess What?

He called his wife in about 4 seconds...then quizzed the office all day to find out who did it Heh heh!

(The florist didn't even budge and give him my name LOL)

Return to Top
#70984 - 04/02/03 08:06 PM Re: April Hoodwink
yy2say Offline
Gold Star
yy2say
PA
Quote:

I couldn't share yesterday...because my victim reads BOL. I sent one of my co-workers a dozen pink and blue ballons with It's a girl and It's a boy on them. The card read...Honey, Guess What?

He called his wife in about 4 seconds...then quizzed the office all day to find out who did it Heh heh!

(The florist didn't even budge and give him my name LOL)

You are WAY too good!

Return to Top
#70985 - 04/02/03 08:08 PM Re: April Hoodwink
Buddy the Elf Offline
Platinum Poster
Buddy the Elf
first lily pad on the right
Quote:

I couldn't share yesterday...because my victim reads BOL.

Couldn't he read it today??

Return to Top
#70986 - 04/02/03 08:27 PM Re: April Hoodwink
WildTurkey Offline
Platinum Poster
WildTurkey
Down South, USA
Quote:

... spread a handful of the little paper dots that come out of a triple hole punch ....

I took the full collecting tray from a hole punch and filled our secretary's umbrella. It had rained several times in a few days, but didn't rain that night, nor the rest of the week, then she was away for 2 weeks, and it was a month or so later before it rained again, on the way to work. She was hopping mad when she arrived, and guessed right away who had done it. ....But it was so long since I had filled her umbrella that wondered what on earth she was ranting about.

Another good trick I pulled, and also not on April 1st, was to swap the computer mouses on two back-to-back desks, but not swap the connections; this is best done during the day, after the computers are booted and running some programs. It gets two people, ... double the fun!

Return to Top
#70987 - 04/02/03 08:41 PM Re: April Hoodwink
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Quote:

Another good trick I pulled, and also not on April 1st, was to swap the computer mouses on two back-to-back desks, but not swap the connections; this is best done during the day, after the computers are booted and running some programs. It gets two people, ... double the fun!

I love it!

Return to Top
#70988 - 04/02/03 11:04 PM Re: April Hoodwink
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Quote:

Couldn't he read it today??

Oh he's a lawyer, he won't see it for decades. They're always a week or two behind because they have to read everything plus the fine print. (KIDDING LOL)

Neh I actually fessed up last night. According to the April Fools Rules of Dawnie, fessing up on the evening of April Fools Day reduces the suffering or completely removes the possiblity of suffering a similar prank myself.

I also fessed up about the signs on the file cabinets. I covered up the real ones with new ones that said "Dead Frogs" "Bats" "Uncle Fred" "Granny's Toes" etc.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4