BOL Conferences
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options Tools
#70939 - 04/01/03 01:01 PM April Hoodwink
Mickey Offline
100 Club
Mickey
FL
I thought of going to my boss and telling him I quit and then say April Fool but then I thought he might just say have a nice life. Of course sometimes it would be nice to have a job at the McDonald's counter and not have to worry about anything but the next order.

So what was the best April Fools you ever did or were the fool on?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#70940 - 04/01/03 01:12 PM Re: April Hoodwink
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Although I wasn't involved in this one, I think it's hysterical.

There was a practical joker where I used to work and he played jokes on everyone. One day several of the employees decided to get even.

The joker drives a Miata, so some of the employees lifted it up enough so the wheels were just barely off of the ground and it wasn't noticeable. They had the President of the bank call the joker and tell him that they needed to go to one of the branches and that the joker needed to pick him up in 5 minutes in front of the bank. Needless to say he flew to his car and couldn't go anywhere. This was about 4 years ago and they're still laughing at that bank.

Return to Top
#70941 - 04/01/03 01:31 PM Re: April Hoodwink
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
That's a good one! At my old office, (I was the practical joker), last summer when
I just got my brand new car, someone (and they still won't fess up) took my
keys and moved my car to a different parking lot. Of course, I never locked my
car and they knew this. So, when I was leaving for home, I thought it was stolen.
I was dialing the police dept when they stopped me and showed me where it was.

Return to Top
#70942 - 04/01/03 01:41 PM Re: April Hoodwink
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
I played a belated April fools joke on a co-worker several years ago. I was leaving a branch where I had worked as manager for about 10 years. My assistant was taking over and was very nervous. I typed up an official looking memo from HR saying that we were doing a mandatory bank wide drug screening and that branch managers were responsible for collecting "samples" from their staff. I went into great detail about how the "samples" were to be collected and witnessed by the branch managers and that the collection jars would be sent later that afternoon. The look on her face as she read it was priceless!

Return to Top
#70943 - 04/01/03 01:48 PM Re: April Hoodwink
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was given a message to call Mr. Lyon asap about a very important compliance issue. I called. It was the Washington Zoo number.

Return to Top
#70944 - 04/01/03 01:56 PM Re: April Hoodwink
Mickey Offline
100 Club
Mickey
FL
You would think writing this post I would be a pretty quick wipper snapper and not fall for any jokes, but while I was listening to the radio they had Jerry Sienfield on and he said he was coming in for a show....you had to call for tickets and they were free. He said he wouldn't say where the show was but you had to call to get the tickets. I called and got a busy signal, then called again and got a disconnected phone number....then I realized I have been fooled. Oh well, can't be on top of things all the time, especially when you are working on reviewing arbitrage's!

Return to Top
#70945 - 04/01/03 02:48 PM Re: April Hoodwink
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Our current HR director assumed his role one year ago today. The outgoing (retiring) HR director contacted all of the branches and put them up to calling the new HR director about some major issue. He got calls for everything from back injuries to harassment, all in his first day in HR.

Return to Top
#70946 - 04/01/03 02:56 PM Re: April Hoodwink
ahou Offline
Power Poster
ahou
I tried this today (drug test joke) and got great results! Thanx.

Return to Top
#70947 - 04/01/03 02:56 PM Re: April Hoodwink
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
One of the best April Fools jokes I heard of was travel related. At LA X airport they erected a sign, "Welcome to O'Hair". You just know a lot of people had heart attacks at that.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#70948 - 04/01/03 02:58 PM Re: April Hoodwink
Richard Insley Online
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
The car-related stories remind me of a prank once played on a college friend. He had recently acquired his first car, a modest sedan, but he was very proud of it and kept it spotless. One weekend, other students went to a junkyard and found a total wreck of the same make, model and color. They chipped in and purchased the wreck and had it transported to the parking space normally occupied by my friend's car (which had been moved for the occasion.) The pranksters sat back and waited for my friend to go to his car.

Return to Top
#70949 - 04/01/03 03:10 PM Re: April Hoodwink *DELETED*
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
Post deleted by kansayaku

Return to Top
#70950 - 04/01/03 03:29 PM Re: April Hoodwink
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
At the old branch where I used to work, there was a pay phone in the parking lot across the street where people would often wait for phone calls. We had endless fun on slow days calling these people and watching them from the branch! One particular day there was a guy who pulled his car up to the phone and sat there all morning and waited for it to ring. I finally called him and asked to speak with Joe. He said this is a pay phone and I told him I knew that that Joe should be there waiting for my call. He said there was no one there. I described a car near the phone and said he might be in there. He told me he didn't see anyone in it and I told him to check the back seat that he may be sleeping! We had a lot of fun that day with him!

Return to Top
#70951 - 04/01/03 03:33 PM Re: April Hoodwink
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
That reminds me of one that I perpetrated back in junior high school. One day, my buddies and I were a little bored, so we started dialing expletives (local exchange + four letter word) just to make people aware of what their phone numbers were!

Return to Top
#70952 - 04/01/03 03:39 PM Re: April Hoodwink
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
When I was 10 my father and I played a joke on my mother. He and I were coming home from church and decided to fake an accident. We parked up in the cemetary (that my parents live near), walked closer to home. My father started to "cry" and I became unconscience as my father carried me home. Telling my mom that we had been into a car accident ect. She about had a heart attack while calling 911. Then I miraculously came to and said April Fools! She didn't talk to us for the rest of the day!

Return to Top
#70953 - 04/01/03 03:43 PM Re: April Hoodwink *DELETED*
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
Post deleted by kansayaku

Return to Top
#70954 - 04/01/03 04:20 PM Re: April Hoodwink
JulesB Offline
Gold Star
JulesB
A Designated Tree City in OK, ...
Talk about an April fool. I started my banking career 23 years ago today - 4/1/1980, while still in college. Maybe, I should have picked another profession . . .

Time for a virtual anniversary party. Umbrella drinks for those who like them, and wine for me, Dawnie, Al, and any other wino out there!!!!

Return to Top
#70955 - 04/01/03 05:08 PM Re: April Hoodwink
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
A few minutes ago, I heard my assistant, right outside my office, call the Loan Operations Manager and proceed to impersonate a hiring manager from a competing bank, requesting information on one of her best employees. She fell for it hook, line and sinker.

She figured it out a few minutes later. We've all informed him that we will be laughing quite hard when she takes her revenge.

Return to Top
#70956 - 04/01/03 06:01 PM Re: April Hoodwink
Jay Offline
A co-worker and I several years ago on April fools filled a secretaries desk drawers with packing peanuts while she was out. Needless to say when she got back to get something out of her desk she had quite the surprise.

Return to Top
#70957 - 04/01/03 06:06 PM Re: April Hoodwink
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Here's a fun one I've pulled on some not-so-computer-literate folks: Program their mouse to run backwards. Move it left, the cursor moves right. Move the mouse back, the cursor goes up the screen. The entertainment value is amazing. (Just be sure to let tech support in on the joke.)

Return to Top
#70958 - 04/01/03 06:17 PM Re: April Hoodwink
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
It has been an extremely weird April Fools Day around here. First we had a branch give a customer the dye pack in their change order (went off in the parking lot) and now we have a branch totally without power. Sounds like gremlins at work to me.

Return to Top
#70959 - 04/01/03 06:25 PM Re: April Hoodwink
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Woo Hoo Jules! 23 years...are you nuts? Hee hee

Ya'll will be shocked the hear that I've pulled a practicle joke or 200 in my life (I'm sure you picture a sweet innocent little nice girl) (who drinks wine alot)

My favorite two:

I put a tape of frogs croaking in the basement furnace ducts in a 3 story branch I worked at. Though I had to change the batteries all day...I really enjoyed sneaking down because I got the view of everyone looking around their office for the frogs. Because the quiet croaking came through the air vents...everyone's office sounded like they had their own frog invasion

My all time record joke:

I paid cash for an add in the newspaper that said "Garage Sale, Saturday morning, April 1st. 6 a.m. to noon. Clean, little used baby items and antiques. If we're not outside yet, please knock"

Over 400 cars showed up Half between 5 and 7 am. April Fools Success beyond my wildest dreams!!!

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#70960 - 04/01/03 06:47 PM Re: April Hoodwink
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Ummm anyone have that drug test memo handy? I wouldn't mind sending a couple out today....

DCoursey@FNBAlaska.com

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#70961 - 04/01/03 07:20 PM Re: April Hoodwink
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
Yeah, thanks everyone! You gave me great ideas to use against my once in awhile guy. I should be getting a call any minute....

Return to Top
#70962 - 04/01/03 07:20 PM Re: April Hoodwink
Anonymous
Unregistered

One April Fool I e-mailed all the branch managers and told them their would be a compliance test the next day for all employees on Regulation CC as the examiners where thinking of writing us for many violations. They had one day to study and better pass or we could possible be fined. Needless to say they weren't happy the next day but at least they learned something!

Return to Top
#70963 - 04/01/03 07:34 PM Re: April Hoodwink
Ted Dreyer Offline
Diamond Poster
Ted Dreyer
They should publish the final CIP regulations today - no one would believe them!

Return to Top
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4