Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options Tools
#80817 - 05/29/03 01:41 PM Re: Cub Plug
Anonymous
Unregistered

The problem is that the Braves are always in first - they are BORING. I remember being in Atlanata about 7 years ago and they were boring - the seats were not close to being filled because there was no uncertainty - the fans were even certain that they would make the playoffs and then find a way to lose. As you can probably tell, I am not a Braves' fan, but they do have my favorite pitcher of all time - Greg M! I met Maddox's dad in Vegas - dad is a poker dealer there for years. When someone gets a great hand, he gives out an autographed baseball signed by Greg. I'm sure Brother Mike signs them though!

Return to Top
General Discussion
#80818 - 05/29/03 03:29 PM Re: Cub Plug
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
I have to put in my 2 cents, since I said the Cardinals were going down. I actually went to a Cub/Cardinal game in St. Louis last weekend (the Sunday when the Cubbies lost).
Cubs are still in first place. I, along with Mark Prior, am a believer (not a hopeless believer like years past).
And to bash the Braves - about 4 years ago, when I was still in college I went on a last minute road trip to Atlanta to see the Braves in the playoffs (the first series, not the NLCS), and I've never seen a place so empty for playoffs! And yes, it was boring (no wonder nobody showed up, everyone wants to see the "later" playoff games).

Return to Top
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4