Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options Tools
#80742 - 05/15/03 09:52 PM Cub Plug
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just had to say this to someone, and since I am stuck at work... how about them Cubbies! It may take them 17 innings, but we're in no rush.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#80743 - 05/16/03 01:26 PM Re: Cub Plug
Becker Offline
Iowa
Go Cubbies!! Bring on the Cardinals!

Return to Top
#80744 - 05/16/03 01:33 PM Re: Cub Plug
conniew Offline
100 Club
conniew
St. Louis, MO
I have to admit I am lovin' the Cubs being in "rare air"! Even though I now live in St. Louis, I grew up in northern Iowa with a father who was a huge Cubs fan, so I secretly root for them even when they're in town (as they are today!). Of course, I can't admit that to anyone I work with or I would be in serious trouble. Go Cubs!!!

Return to Top
#80745 - 05/16/03 01:39 PM Re: Cub Plug
Mr. Clean Offline
Platinum Poster
Mr. Clean
New England
What about the AL?? I'm having a heck of a time finding someone to talk "Mariners" since I moved to the East coast (who wants to talk about Boston ) it's even worse when they play the (yuck) Yankees ....

Return to Top
#80746 - 05/16/03 02:05 PM Re: Cub Plug
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well I'll make you a deal - I'll root for the Mariners (after all, they have my favorite ex-Cub lefty) and you must root for the Cubs.

Return to Top
#80747 - 05/16/03 02:15 PM Re: Cub Plug
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
I've gotten less into major league baseball and more into the minors. I mean, the closest major league team I have is the Brewers, with that over priced monstrosity of a field/arena/spaceship, when I can see the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers in Appleton. And they play a good game!

Return to Top
#80748 - 05/16/03 02:15 PM Re: Cub Plug
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
Thankfully my boss lets me have the ESPN GameCast running whenever there is a Cubs game (as long as I get some work done).
You are going down Cardinals!!!

Return to Top
#80749 - 05/16/03 02:28 PM Re: Cub Plug
JulesB Offline
Gold Star
JulesB
A Designated Tree City in OK, ...
Woo Hoo Cubbies! Keep the winning streak going!

Return to Top
#80750 - 05/16/03 02:28 PM Re: Cub Plug
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm a die hard Cardinals fan from Central Illinois and I'll be down in St. Louis on Sunday rooting my team on. Cubs always start out well and they always falter, so just wait and see. Haven't you heard what CUBS mean? Completely Useless By September

Return to Top
#80751 - 05/16/03 02:29 PM Re: Cub Plug
Anonymous
Unregistered

And who says the Cowboys are America's team? Coast-to-Coast there is love for the Cubs!

Return to Top
#80752 - 05/16/03 02:32 PM Re: Cub Plug
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Quote:

You are going down Cardinals!!!

We'll see!!!!!!

Remember the Cubs have started off with a bang before just to fall on their butts the second half of the season.

Return to Top
#80753 - 05/16/03 02:42 PM Re: Cub Plug
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would normally agree 100%, since I have been suffering for 34 years, but barring injury - the Cubs have never even come close to having the kind of pitching staff they have now.

Return to Top
#80754 - 05/16/03 02:45 PM Re: Cub Plug
Mr. Clean Offline
Platinum Poster
Mr. Clean
New England
Quote:

Well I'll make you a deal - I'll root for the Mariners (after all, they have my favorite ex-Cub lefty) and you must root for the Cubs.

Yeah another Mariners fan Go Cubbies

Return to Top
#80755 - 05/16/03 02:48 PM Re: Cub Plug
LiL Bit Moore Offline
Platinum Poster
LiL Bit Moore
Texas
UHH UMM- Go Rangers!!!!

Return to Top
#80756 - 05/16/03 03:02 PM Re: Cub Plug
Bartman Offline
Diamond Poster
Bartman
Springfield
Let me just say, I really miss Harry Caray. And now that Ernie Harwell has retired, I don't really identify anyone as the summertime "voice of the game"...

Return to Top
#80757 - 05/16/03 03:04 PM Re: Cub Plug
VickiS Offline
100 Club
VickiS
Madison, Wisconsin
I've been a BIG Cub fan since the early 1980s (which doesn't set too well with a number of my co-workers, since we're in Wisconsin)!! Anyway, GO CUBs!!!! This is THE year!!!!

Vicki S.
Madison, WI

Return to Top
#80758 - 05/16/03 03:23 PM Re: Cub Plug
Anonymous
Unregistered

Now hold on a minute Cubbie...

Just wanted to say that I dig all your responses and contributions to BOL...but let's get something straight...

Cubbies may be one of America's teams and I don't dispute that, but I remember my priest referred to the Cowboys as "God's team" and Texas Stadium has an opening on top so God could see His team play.

Return to Top
#80759 - 05/16/03 03:30 PM Re: Cub Plug
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
Quote:

I just had to say this to someone, and since I am stuck at work... how about them Cubbies! It may take them 17 innings, but we're in no rush.

Congrats! It was a great game. It was more than worth it for the Cub fans to drive an hour into Milwaukee to root for their team! Go Cubs!

Return to Top
#80760 - 05/16/03 03:34 PM Re: Cub Plug
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Quote:

I remember my priest referred to the Cowboys as "God's team" and Texas Stadium has an opening on top so God could see His team play.

If the Cowboys are God's team, then why would He have let Reggie White and Irving Fryar (both ordained ministers) play for the Eagles? (And for the Redskins, as was the case with Fryar.) Wouldn't that be a conflict of interest?;)

Return to Top
#80761 - 05/16/03 03:34 PM Re: Cub Plug
Anonymous
Unregistered

Lil Bit, I had the fortune of watching your beloved Rangers get dismantled by Pedro & Co. last night...from on top of the Monster Seats! They are truly incredible - swivel bar stools, tons of room, and the best view in baseball. CubDave, we tried our hardest to get one of the outfielders to re-enact Sosa's 'how many outs', but to no avail as of yet...

Return to Top
#80762 - 05/16/03 03:50 PM Re: Cub Plug
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Now hold on a minute Cubbie...

Just wanted to say that I dig all your responses and contributions to BOL...but let's get something straight...

Cubbies may be one of America's teams and I don't dispute that, but I remember my priest referred to the Cowboys as "God's team" and Texas Stadium has an opening on top so God could see His team play.

Texas Stadium may have the opening so God can see in, but Wrigley has the Ivy so that God can invite all his living creatures to the game where they can blend in unnoticed and actually watch the game "inside" the best ballpark in the world.

Return to Top
#80763 - 05/16/03 04:00 PM Re: Cub Plug
RFitzpatrick Offline
Gold Star
RFitzpatrick
Pacific NW
Nice to here there's a few Mariners fans out there. Sometimes I feel so isolated in this corner of the country. I agree the "classic" ballparks are great, but of the newer parks, "The Safe" is really a fantastic venue for baseball.

Return to Top
#80764 - 05/16/03 04:03 PM Re: Cub Plug
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have nothing against the new parks either. A lot of them look beautiful - I would love to be one of those people who travel the country to see each one. I will say that of the ones I have been in, I was very close to claiming this one as beautiful as Wrigley, and there are aspects of it that are nicer - Coors Field (regardless of the fact that the pop-ups zoom out of the park. It's just a gorgeous field, with the mountains, and the concourse is just wide open with no covering so that you can see the mountains, stars, etc.

Return to Top
#80765 - 05/16/03 04:04 PM Re: Cub Plug
Mr. Clean Offline
Platinum Poster
Mr. Clean
New England
Quote:

Nice to here there's a few Mariners fans out there. Sometimes I feel so isolated in this corner of the country. I agree the "classic" ballparks are great, but of the newer parks, "The Safe" is really a fantastic venue for baseball.

You have to love those trains in the background..

Return to Top
#80766 - 05/16/03 04:07 PM Re: Cub Plug
Walleye Woman Offline
Platinum Poster
Walleye Woman
My husband, son - who was five at the time, and myself attended a game at Wrigley in 1994. That was one of the best sports experiences in all my life. My son can barely remember it but we have some great pictures for him. That place is indeed legendary.

I'd rather be fishing.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4