Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#207562 - 07/02/04 08:18 PM Referral gift or donation?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Currently we have a customer referral program whereby we give an existing customer a free gift if they refer a person to our bank and they open an account.

In order for us to increase referrals, we wanted to target our business clients whereby they would give their employees or other community members a referral coupon. The person opening the new checking account will receive a free gift. The organization that referred the person to the bank will receive $10.00 per referral. We do have some nonprofit community organizations that we are looking at targeting. Would the $10 per referral be considered a promotional gift or a donation to the organization?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#207563 - 07/06/04 01:59 PM Re: Referral gift or donation?
Howard Lax Offline
Gold Star
Howard Lax
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Please remember that you cannot do this for residential mortgage loans and home equity lines of credit.

Return to Top
#207564 - 07/06/04 07:53 PM Re: Referral gift or donation?
mmason Offline
Gold Star
New England
Also consider privacy issues. If the $10 is given only on condition of the individual actually opening an account, then you are giving confirmation that the individual now has an account with you.

Return to Top
#207565 - 07/28/04 08:10 PM Re: Referral gift or donation?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Please remember that you cannot do this for residential mortgage loans and home equity lines of credit.

Do you know where I can find this in black and white?

thanks

Return to Top
#207566 - 07/28/04 08:18 PM Re: Referral gift or donation?
drvmecrazy Offline
100 Club
sorry, thought I was logged in. I found my answer in 3500.14

Return to Top