Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2212063 - 04/25/19 02:15 PM Staffing Levels
Simply Sue Offline
New Poster
I am trying to do some benchmarking comparisons on staffing levels for our bank based on asset size or as a percent of FTEs. We are a mid-sized bank ($20-30B). But I am not finding many resources. MBCA did a Risk benchmarking survey but I am looking for more detail on credit risk and first line roles. Any suggestions on sources of information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Return to Top
Human Resources
#2212077 - 04/25/19 02:59 PM Re: Staffing Levels Simply Sue
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Benchmarks for a bank with $20-$30 Billion in assets? Not sure it would be possible - way too many variables. You might be able to glean some basic information from the UBPR from banks your size, but that is still less than optimal to make any decisions.

Return to Top
#2212110 - 04/25/19 04:36 PM Re: Staffing Levels Simply Sue
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Mid-sized bank at that asset size? Then we are a drop in the bucket here! LOL!

Return to Top
#2212155 - 04/25/19 07:30 PM Re: Staffing Levels Simply Sue
Simply Sue Offline
New Poster
I took a look at the UBPR but it is primarily financial information and doesn't reference department staff levels. Any other ideas?

Return to Top
#2212302 - 04/29/19 03:29 PM Re: Staffing Levels Simply Sue
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
this question comes up periodically, and the bottom line is this is a mostly wasted effort...how your bank operates compared to other banks of your size, what markets they are in versus you, number of branches, online presence, commercial versus consumer oriented, and on and on make this impossible to gauge or worth anything of actual value,

there are plenty of consulting firms that you could hire that will come in and do a review of your processes and where the bank is going in 1, 3, 5, 10+ years, how well (or poorly) you service customers, etc, and assist with this, but even that is speculative at best.

however, i will play along - we are $28B and have just shy of 4k employees...now, wasn't that helpful? eek

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Gayla Sherry