Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2289885 - 10/18/23 08:42 PM National Guard - Squad Leader
Dodge Offline
Gold Star
Received a request for SCRA from a customer who has three loans secured by rent houses. The loans originated in 2016 and 2019. On his application he stated that he worked for National Guard and another employer.

I received two set of orders. They have different start dates but same end date, and basically same information. The borrower's position is Squad Leader and is to train. Would SCRA protection apply?

Return to Top
Lending to Servicemembers (SCRA, JWNDAA), War, Terrorism
#2289887 - 10/18/23 08:50 PM Re: National Guard - Squad Leader Dodge
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Check to make sure your State does not have additional protections.

Subchapter I--General Provisions
ยง 3911. Definitions.
For the purposes of this chapter:

(1) SERVICEMEMBER- The term `servicemember' means a member of the uniformed services, as that term is defined in section 101(a)(5) of title 10.

(2) MILITARY SERVICE- The term `military service' means--

(A) in the case of a servicemember who is a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard--

(i) active duty, as defined in section 101(d)(1) of title 10, and

(ii) in the case of a member of the National Guard, includes service under a call to active service authorized by the President or the Secretary of Defense for a period of more than 30 consecutive days under section 502(f) of title 32, United States Code, for purposes of responding to a national emergency declared by the President and supported by Federal funds;

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z