Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2296979 - 05/08/24 09:52 PM CD investment qualification- bonds
didimark Offline
I know that not all municipal bonds can be used for Community Development (CD) investment. These bonds must meet CD purpose to qualify. My question is, where can I find documents that provide information about the purpose and coverage area of bonds?

For example, our bank has bought bonds from utility districts, city municipalities, or state. These bonds are meant for funding community facilities, parks, or sewage services. How can I find documents that tell me which areas the bonds will benefit? If they cover Low to Moderate Income (LMI) neighborhoods, I want to use them for qualified CD investment. Will the Bond's Official Statement have this information?

I appreciate any insights or feedback! Thank you in advance!

Return to Top
CRA
#2296990 - 05/09/24 04:22 PM Re: CD investment qualification- bonds didimark
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Most likely this would be outlined in the original issue prospectus.

Return to Top
#2298344 - 06/14/24 05:09 PM Re: CD investment qualification- bonds didimark
SoCal Gal Offline
Long Beach, CA
You may be able to find the supporting documents through this site: https://emma.msrb.org/Home/Index. Look up by CUSIP number then look for the official statement, which is the most complete source of information about the securities as of the initial issue date. You may have to dig a bit to find the info in the official statement that you are looking for, but it is worth it. Good luck!

Return to Top