Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2299395 - 07/16/24 06:08 PM Signature Verification for Online Customers
Andrea Cordray Offline
New Poster
My Bank is moving to an online account opening forum, which uses non-documentary verification methods and does not require a copy of an ID. The account opening process also does not capture the applicant/customer's signature. Before we fully deploy this platform, we're trying to determine how we will determine the first checks written from the account are legitimate as we will have no ID signature or signature agreement to compare it to. If anyone works for a FI in a similar situation, I would appreciate some guidance on how we can best protect the customer and Bank in the account's early days.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2299577 - 07/22/24 05:51 PM Re: Signature Verification for Online Customers Andrea Cordray
Paul Orlowski Offline
100 Club
Connecticut, USA
Your online account opening should incorporate the use of out-of-wallet verifications that instills a high degree of confidence that applicants are who they say they are. As far as the first checks, you will have the new account hold available to you, and I would suggest scrutinizing checks, especially those through mobile deposit and the ATM.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z