Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Thread Options Tools
#46373 - 12/05/02 03:39 PM Re: BOL Withdrawal
BANNED BY BOL MANAGEMENT Offline
Platinum Poster
BANNED BY BOL MANAGEMENT
But how will you know when you have gone over the edge and need help? You could be in denial.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#46374 - 12/05/02 03:39 PM Re: BOL Withdrawal
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
We had about 3" when I came to work this morning here in central PA and the schools were not even delayed! I remember the winter of '94 we had about 2 feet of snow overnight. I was a branch manager and all of my staff called me to tell me if you want me there, you come pick me up in your 4WD. After picking them all up and getting to the branch, we got a call from the main office that we would be closed. I spent the rest of the day picking up stranded relatives and helping stuck motorists. I have never been one to complain about snow and cold, I think I would really miss the change of seasons if I didn't live here!

Return to Top
#46375 - 12/05/02 03:44 PM Re: BOL Withdrawal
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
As if we didn't all know this already, but Andy is most definitely the King of BOL - he just posted the 32,000th post to the General Forum!

Return to Top
#46376 - 12/05/02 03:45 PM Re: BOL Withdrawal
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Kewl!
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#46377 - 12/05/02 04:05 PM Re: BOL Withdrawal
Michelle M Offline
Gold Star
Michelle M
<signaling Mary Beth> Can we get a crown and septor for Andy over here!

Return to Top
#46378 - 12/05/02 04:22 PM Re: BOL Withdrawal
wlavoie Offline
Gold Star
wlavoie
Hell's Canyon
You people are making me drool I've been patiently waiting for any hint of snow so my skiis can see daylight along with my new ski coat and my pass to the local mountain. Nothing, nada, nilch...the passes are clear and the mountain tops are bare. Won't someone share? There's really no need to be so selfish - you don't need a whole foot of the stuff do you?

Return to Top
#46379 - 12/05/02 04:24 PM Re: BOL Withdrawal
CloudShape Offline
Platinum Poster
CloudShape
Edge of Sanity
I worked for a bank in Maine that had branches all over the state, with the main office being located on the southern coast. I can remember at least once where we got a call from the main office saying the bank was closing due to the weather (raging snowstorm), but the sun was shining where we were so we just said whatever and kept on working.

My favorite snowstorm story from working at that branch was the time that, due to the weather, we were working with a skeleton crew and rather than face the elements at lunch time, we decided to get together and order pizza from Domino's, which was located just down the street. Of course they said that because of the weather, they weren't honoring the 30 minute delivery guarantee and we said fine, whenever. About an hour and half later, when we were all starving, we called back to find out where the pizza was and were told the delivery person couldn't find the bank! (did I mention that we were just down the street? ). So we gave them directions - when you leave the store, turn right, go about 500 feet, same side of the street as you, there we are!

If I recall correctly, they didn't get too much of our business after that. . . .

Ding ding!

It's for you. . . .

Return to Top
#46380 - 12/05/02 04:28 PM Re: BOL Withdrawal
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I lived through the winter of 95/96 in New England and that was enough snow for me for a lifetime. While stranded in a hotel in Needham MA during "the blizzard of the century" I typed out applications to transfer to Raleigh, Norcross GA, Dallas or Austin. Anywhere there was sun. I will never move back to somewhere it snows on a regular basis. Give me 100+ days all summer long instead. I'm happier with heat than snow any day!!

Return to Top
#46381 - 12/05/02 04:53 PM Re: BOL Withdrawal
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Not to "one up" you but Fargo received 120 inches in 1997-98 season. It was national news. Flooded the towns and rivers. That is something no one should experience.

Return to Top
#46382 - 12/05/02 04:57 PM Re: BOL Withdrawal
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
My father was the President of a small bank in central Indiana and a trifle "dedicated" to the job. Several years ago, there was a major blizzard and banks all over the state were closed. Nevertheless, I called him at work.

He answered "Parker Bank," on the second ring. I was teasing him about being there alone and he said, "No, I'm not, Eloise and Linda are here." He lived within walking distance, so the impassable roads were not a problem for him. However, the two employees he mentioned did not. I asked how they got there.

He responded, "I picked them up on my snowmobile."

There are lots of ways to describe that situation, but I prefer to think he was just ahead of his time in providing a unique employee benefit, free transportation to work. (He was such a good guy, they loved him anyway.)

Return to Top
#46383 - 12/05/02 05:00 PM Re: BOL Withdrawal
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
A couple of years ago during a moderate snow storm, we tried to order a pizza from home from the Pizza Hut less than a quarter mile away from my house. When we told them our address, they refused to deliver to us because they could not get "up the hill". My wife tried to explain that we were not even close to "the hill", but we were refused pizza anyway. Another pizza place did deliver, but I always wondered if I had a case against Pizza Hut for denying my right to pizza because of where I live!

Return to Top
#46384 - 12/05/02 05:04 PM Re: BOL Withdrawal
Walleye Woman Offline
Platinum Poster
Walleye Woman
Yesterday we had black ice warnings for every direction from here. So far this week I've escaped being run into twice by people who don't know to be careful when it's icy. You would think people in Wyoming would be used to slippery conditions. Our weather is beautiful today, 23 degrees with about 6 inches of snow on the ground. The mountains are gorgeous. I love living here.

I'd rather be fishing.

Return to Top
#46385 - 12/05/02 05:05 PM Re: BOL Withdrawal
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
That happens all the time. I used to deliver during college and we stopped at one street and the other Pizza Hut picked up deliveries 2 blocks up. Therefore, if you lived in that 2 block area, no Pizza Hut would deliver.

Return to Top
#46386 - 12/05/02 05:07 PM Re: BOL Withdrawal
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
"Snowlining"?
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#46387 - 12/05/02 05:09 PM Re: BOL Withdrawal
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Cute, Andy!

Return to Top
#46388 - 12/05/02 05:39 PM Re: BOL Withdrawal
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
I'm a little slow. Took me five minutes to get that

Return to Top
#46389 - 12/05/02 05:42 PM Re: BOL Withdrawal
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Quicker than you'd get a pizza though.

Return to Top
#46390 - 12/05/02 05:50 PM Re: BOL Withdrawal
Anonymous
Unregistered

Crown and scepter on the way . . .

Return to Top
#46391 - 12/05/02 05:53 PM Re: BOL Withdrawal
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Andy'd prefer Crown and eggnog.

Return to Top
#46392 - 12/05/02 05:53 PM Re: BOL Withdrawal
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Andy,

You are on a roll.

WATCH OUT FOR THE TREE!!!

Return to Top
#46393 - 12/05/02 05:58 PM Re: BOL Withdrawal
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
I would much rather deal with snow than with the ice conditions we had yesterday and last night. Constant freezing rain through the afternoon, evening and night has left hundreds of thousands in my neck of the woods without power. We had several trees down in our yard and many more throughout our neighborhood. The ice just weighs everything down to the breaking point. We had over an inch of ice accumulation on everything. Last night you could just stand out in the yard and watch the flashes of light in the sky - it wasn't lightining - it was power lines snapping and transformers popping all over town.

Return to Top
#46394 - 12/05/02 06:02 PM Re: BOL Withdrawal
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
I don't think snow had anything to do with it. Must be "pizza-lining"

Can't you just see it, you call and order a pizza delivered to your neighbor across the street and mug the pizza guy when he drives up?

Return to Top
#46395 - 12/05/02 06:06 PM Re: BOL Withdrawal
Dan Persfull Online
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Z, Andy would prefer Jack (Black Label) and eggnog. I'm the one that prefers the Crown , although Andy's the one who deserves it

Return to Top
#46396 - 12/05/02 06:15 PM Re: BOL Withdrawal
Don_Narup Offline

Power Poster
Las Vegas Nevada
Those of us in California are having some difficulty understanding all the posts relating to this stuff you call snow. Cold we know as it got down to 57 last night.

Return to Top
#46397 - 12/05/02 06:20 PM Re: BOL Withdrawal
Michelle M Offline
Gold Star
Michelle M
57 is not cold.

Cold is 20 below!
Cold is when it's too cold to snow!
Cold is when it's so cold the chemical reaction in your car battery stops!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7