Thread Options
#614608 - 09/18/06 03:55 PM DA Bears!
ChicagoGuy Offline
Diamond Poster
ChicagoGuy
Chicago, IL
Hey !!

How about those Chicago Bears!!

Rex looked pretty good yesterday! The first real test is the Vikings Sunday up in MN. Should be a very good game with both teams being 2 - 0 !!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#614609 - 09/18/06 04:20 PM Re: DA Bears!
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Bear down, Chicago Bears!

Return to Top
#614610 - 09/18/06 04:24 PM Re: DA Bears!
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
I haven't seen Da Bears have a passing game like this in YEARS! I'm already looking forward to it being Sunday again!

Return to Top
#614611 - 09/18/06 05:57 PM Re: DA Bears!
Chiquita Banana Offline
Diamond Poster
Chiquita Banana
The banana bin
AND they're actually using a tight end. We haven't seen that in, oh, I dunno, since Mike Ditka actually played?

Return to Top
#614612 - 09/18/06 06:48 PM Re: DA Bears!
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Quote:

WOOHOO!!

Sing it with me now....everybody...

Bear Down, Chicago Bears.
Make every play clear the way to victory!
Put up a fight with a might so fearlessly!

We'll never forget the way you thrilled the nation,
With your T formation.

And let them know why you're wearing the crown.

You're the pride and joy,
of all Illinois.

Chicago Bears, Bear Down!

Lyrics: Al Hoffman, 1941

Return to Top
#614613 - 09/18/06 08:48 PM Re: DA Bears!
Buddy Love Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
Quote:

Quote:

WOOHOO!!

Sing it with me now....everybody...

Make every play clear the way to victory!
Put up a fight with a might so fearlessly!

We'll never forget the way you thrilled the nation,
With your T formation.

And let them know why you're wearing the crown.

You're the pride and joy,
of all Illinois.

Chicago Bears, Bear Down!

Lyrics: Al Hoffman, 1941

Good thing you attributed the lyrics to the author!

The Bears are looking good. Maybe it is time to visit my season ticket holding Aunt and Uncle in Chicago. BTW: Where is their running game?

Return to Top
#614614 - 09/18/06 10:04 PM Re: DA Bears!
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
I have only one question.... What week does Grossman go down with a season ending injury? Don't get me wrong, I added him to my fantasy roster, but the Bears have been looking for him to do this for how many years?

Return to Top
#614615 - 09/19/06 01:32 AM Re: DA Bears!
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
damn it. I just added him also, but now that you have I will have to drop him and pick someone else up. I wonder if Charlie Frye is still available.

Return to Top
#614616 - 09/19/06 01:51 PM Re: DA Bears!
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

damn it. I just added him also, but now that you have I will have to drop him and pick someone else up. I wonder if Charlie Frye is still available.

He might be. Rothlisberger might be available on the waiver wire soon. He looked like CRAP last night. As the old saying goes... IM LOVIN' IT!

Return to Top
#614617 - 09/19/06 02:01 PM Re: DA Bears!
slubgob Offline
Platinum Poster
Quote:

Quote:

He might be. Rothlisberger might be available on the waiver wire soon. He looked like CRAP last night. As the old saying goes... IM LOVIN' IT!

He didn't look great but give him a break, he just had surgery and had a 104 temp the day before. To be honest I don't think they should have let him play last night. But I'm sure he will be in great shape by the time they play the Bungles.

Return to Top
#614618 - 09/19/06 02:26 PM Re: DA Bears!
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He didn't look great but give him a break, he just had surgery and had a 104 temp the day before. To be honest I don't think they should have let him play last night. But I'm sure he will be in great shape by the time they play the Bungles.

You actually believe his excuses? Watch him. He has excuses every week. He said he had a 104 temperature the day of the game. If he had a 104 temperature, he wouldn't have been playing.

PS: In case you missed it, as part of the restructuring of the league, the bungles were moved to Cleveland, Oakland, and San Francisco.

Return to Top
#614619 - 09/19/06 02:45 PM Re: DA Bears!
slubgob Offline
Platinum Poster
Of course I believe his excuses...Big Ben wouldn't lie to me.

Return to Top
#614620 - 09/19/06 02:58 PM Re: DA Bears!
MadisonCali Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

PS: In case you missed it, as part of the restructuring of the league, the bungles were moved to Cleveland, Oakland, and San Francisco.

And Green Bay

Return to Top
#614621 - 09/19/06 03:16 PM Re: DA Bears!
Chiquita Banana Offline
Diamond Poster
Chiquita Banana
The banana bin
This is Rex's fourth year but only his 10th (if I remember correctly) start. Before you drop him from your fantasy roster consider that the injuries that he has had were complete flukes and that he has a lot to prove to the team as well as the fans of Chicago. Also consider not just the quarterback position when doing your assesment of talent but also the offensive line (Culpepper in Miami should be proof of that).

The OL for Chicago has the same starters as last year and probably the best damn (and mean) center in the NFL with Olin Kreutz. Also consider that last year, this same line allowed very few sacks with Orton at the helm. (I can't get into NFL.com to review the stats but it was fairly low).

AND you should have two capable quarterbacks on your team. Not very many qubes come out of the season unscathed.

BUT all things considering Detroit and GB were relatively easy games. The true test will come in upcoming weeks beginning with Minnesota whose defense looked a helluva lot tougher than recent years during the Carolina game. (Or was Carolina just that inept without Steve Smith?)

On a sidenote to the Sunday's game: The game takes place in the Metrodome on a very fast turf and Bears WR's have done very well there in the past. Expect Rex to open up the receivers down the field early. (I do worry about the Bears secondary in pass protection though.).

Ok, enough of my analysis. (I could go on all day!)

GO BEARS!
Last edited by Chiquita Banana; 09/19/06 03:18 PM.

Return to Top
#614622 - 09/19/06 03:25 PM Re: DA Bears!
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

And Green Bay

Shhhhhh I was being nice to the cheeseheads. I miss my cheese curds!

Oh, and noone is saying Rex's injuries weren't freakish, but as in the case of Dennis Weathersby, eventually there are enough freakish things to become a pattern, and the pattern can be bad enough to remove you from the league.

Besides, it's not Rex's luck we are talking about, it's MY luck! Two years in a row I said Rex is a stud, I am going to pick him. Two years in a row, Rex went to the IR.

PS: Olin is good, but I like Braham in Cincinnati too. The Chicago Oline is exactly why I like Chicago's offense. They aren't as good as Cincinnati's YET though.

Return to Top
#614623 - 09/19/06 03:35 PM Re: DA Bears!
slubgob Offline
Platinum Poster
Braham is great....at least you have one West Virginia alum working out for you.

Return to Top
#614624 - 09/19/06 09:48 PM Re: DA Bears!
Chiquita Banana Offline
Diamond Poster
Chiquita Banana
The banana bin
Quote:

Two years in a row I said Rex is a stud, I am going to pick him. Two years in a row, Rex went to the IR

Then by all means...SHUT UP! :P

Return to Top
#614625 - 10/06/06 06:15 PM Re: DA Bears!
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
Guess who's going to the game on Sunday against the Bills! Woo-hoo!!!

Funny thing is the only other Bear game I've been to, was against the Bills October 2, 1994

Return to Top
#614626 - 10/06/06 09:31 PM Re: DA Bears!
Comply 101 Offline
Platinum Poster
Comply 101
Rex isn't going anywhere this year except to Miami and the Super Bowl in February. Looking at the Bears schedule, the question is who, if any, will beat them? Have fun at the game and stay till the end. I left the Cleveland/Bears game early a few years ago when they were down by 14 with about 4 minutes to go. They ended up winning in OT.

Return to Top
#614627 - 10/06/06 09:58 PM Re: DA Bears!
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
My family will be there too! Without me I have an ICBA class. But my sister is taking me to the game on the 29th to make up for it.

Return to Top
#614628 - 10/09/06 07:16 PM Re: DA Bears!
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
DA Bears are 5-0 and look great. Hopefully Grossman can stay healthy.

Return to Top
#614629 - 10/09/06 08:36 PM Re: DA Bears!
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
and are the best team in the NFL. loath as I am to admit it as a Vikings fan.

Return to Top
#614630 - 10/09/06 08:44 PM Re: DA Bears!
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
i realize we have played cupcakes thus far, too, but who have the bears beaten besides seattle?

Return to Top
#614631 - 10/09/06 09:04 PM Re: DA Bears!
WormUNB4L Offline
Gold Star
Midwest
The Bears have DESTROYED everybody they played besides gritting out a tough win in the Metrodome. Not just beaten...but completely DESTROYED.

I can understand how someone could question games against the Lions and Packers if they had squeaked by...but they completely manhandled both of those teams. And then they made Seattle look like a college team. And then they took Buffalo who has played very tough this year look like a high school team.

Bears are head and shoulders above your weak Feagles Mr. Mexico.

Bear Down Bears. Grossman for MVP.

Return to Top
#614632 - 10/09/06 09:01 PM Re: DA Bears!
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
c'mon ron the bears killed Seattle, who killed the Giants, who beat the Eagles. Makes great since the Bears would beat the eagles 125-3.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4