Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#65706 - 03/06/03 02:43 AM BSA/OFAC Training
kdlmit Offline
100 Club
kdlmit
I am preparing to conduct our BSA and OFAC training and was wondering if anyone has any training material they would be willing to share. Training is new to me and I get very nervous when I have to stand in front of a room full of people. I have conducted Reg. CC training using Power Point it was great because it took the attention off of me. Unfortunately we are scheduled to have state examiners in our conference room on the dates set up for training so the training will be conducted offsite and I won't be able to use PP.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#65707 - 03/06/03 01:33 PM Re: BSA/OFAC Training
Anonymous
Unregistered

I used the BSA & Beyond video from Banker's Hotline and supplemented the training with a handout of potential suspicious activities that could cause red flags for further investigation. We have not done very many SARs for suspected structuring hence our training session was geared toward getting our staff over the hurdle of making assumption in favor of the customer and the customer's peculiar behavior. We plan to follow up at this month's employees meeting with a couple of skits to reinforce the key points of structuring and when a transaction should be reported to the security officer as suspicious.

Return to Top
#65708 - 03/06/03 02:06 PM Re: BSA/OFAC Training
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Here are a couple of other suggestions that will work while your presentation tools are unavailable.

Return to Top
#65709 - 03/06/03 02:14 PM Re: BSA/OFAC Training
Anonymous
Unregistered

You'll also want to take a look at Leslie Calloway's SKIPO Jeopardy game in Banker Tools, under Training Aids, plus OFAC Bingo and the BSA Role-playing skits.
Banker Tools - Traiining Aids

In addition, check out the BSA-related training exercises contributed by BOL Users during our featured Training Week a while back. They were in the Security section.
Training Week

Return to Top
#65710 - 03/06/03 02:19 PM Re: BSA/OFAC Training
Bear Collector, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
Bear Collector, CRCM
District of Columbia
Mary Beth,
My cohorts and I have created a new game for 2003 to train our employees on Privacy, Information Security, BSA, OFAC, EDD, and AML. It's a ripoff of Hollywood Squares - We call it "Hollar-Wood" Squares (after the President of our Bank, Hunter Hollar!) We are just putting the finishing touches on it, and onceI get all the kinks out, would you like me to submit it to BOL? I have the rules written, and a list of 120 Questions (20 for each of the 6 categories). I have the questions in both a Word Document, and also on PowerPoint Slides. (Note - it is NOT a PP "Presentation". I put them on slides so I could project them on a large screen for ease of audience viewing.)
Please let me know if BOL is interested, and if so, whether you have the ability to receive the PP slides and post them for the members.
Leslie

Return to Top
#65711 - 03/06/03 02:48 PM Re: BSA/OFAC Training
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow! You've done it again, Leslie! Yes, we would love for you to share it through BOL and we do have the ability to post PPT slides for download. Email them, and any supporting documentation needed, to mbguard@bankersonline.com

Thanks!

Return to Top
#65712 - 03/06/03 07:46 PM Re: BSA/OFAC Training
I Wear Many Hats Offline
Platinum Poster
I Wear Many Hats
the beautiful state of ME
Send me your email address and I can send you some training materials. I have been doing BSA training for 8 years and have lots of paper based handouts, situation examples, power point presentations, etc. One hint - use power point to organize your class - I do that a lot even when I am not planning to actually use the computer to conduct the class -then I have a nice, organized handout to go by.

My email is san@the1st.com

Opinions are mine and mine alone.

Return to Top
#65713 - 03/06/03 10:24 PM Re: BSA/OFAC Training
Anonymous
Unregistered

Loved you training material. Thanks a million.

Return to Top