Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options Tools
#71835 - 04/04/03 02:41 PM Frivolity: economy
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
The economy must be worse than I thought. Among my first grader's spelling words for this week- "jobless."

Return to Top
General Discussion
#71836 - 04/04/03 02:50 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yikes. That's a little too much reality for kids that age, if you ask me, although I used to perform magic shows periodically for a school that was solely for homeless children. While their families were living in shelters, the kids would come for classes. They were from kindergarten age through high school. It used to break my heart, but also amaze me at how happy and resilient many of them seemed.

Back to frivolity. . .

I've learned through the years that many bankers have developed some humorous ways of organizing or remembering important things.

For example, one banker at a seminar told me that the way he remembers what the different colored flags put on safe deposit boxes mean is as follows:

Red = dead
white = hold tight (court order or something similar in place)
green = clean (not rented)

Wish I could remember the rest. How about you? What clever coping mechanisms or memory joggers do you use or have you heard of?

Return to Top
#71837 - 04/04/03 02:55 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Anonymous
Unregistered

"Really Frivol"

E very
C ompliance
O fficer
N eeds
O nly
M ore
Y esterdays

I'm sorry about this post, but I'm bored. I need to read state banking law and do not want to get started!

Return to Top
#71838 - 04/04/03 03:08 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
DawgFan Offline
Diamond Poster
DawgFan
United States
MB, here's another flag color for you:

Black= Stand back (read the thread where the original poster was afraid there were explosives in the box...)

Return to Top
#71839 - 04/04/03 03:23 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
1 Peter 5:7 Offline
Diamond Poster
1 Peter 5:7
TX
I put my keys in the refrigerator. It's an over-50 thing.

Return to Top
#71840 - 04/04/03 03:52 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
DawgFan Offline
Diamond Poster
DawgFan
United States
Right next to the TV remote??

Return to Top
#71841 - 04/04/03 03:57 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
1 Peter 5:7 Offline
Diamond Poster
1 Peter 5:7
TX
now now.

Return to Top
#71842 - 04/04/03 04:04 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

LOL I once opened the refrigerator of a friend and saw a Time magazine on the shelf. Wonder what was up with that?

I'll tell my husband about the keys in the refrigerator. Ought to save up several hours a month that we're currently spending on the "Where are my keys game?".

Return to Top
#71843 - 04/04/03 04:10 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Heck, I'm not even close to 50 (almost 42) and I'll walk into a room and have to stop and think why I went in there.

Return to Top
#71844 - 04/04/03 04:22 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Anonymous
Unregistered

My old boss use to say he knew he was old the day he realized he could hide his own Easter eggs and enjoy hunting them!

Return to Top
#71845 - 04/04/03 04:23 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Quote:

Heck, I'm not even close to 50 (almost 42) and I'll walk into a room and have to stop and think why I went in there.

Not there yet, but a little closer. Being from the South, I've taken a new approach to this problem----"I'll worry about that tomorrow." (credit Miss Scarlette O'Hara -- maybe she was smarter than we gave her credit for!!!) hee hee

Return to Top
#71846 - 04/04/03 04:24 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
Is that kind of like checking several times to make sure you turned off the iron or the alarm clock?

Return to Top
#71847 - 04/04/03 04:35 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
When you're a kid and you can't concentrate. You forget why you went in a room or where you put your book, keys, etc..... They call it Attention Deficit Disorder - A.D.D.

As you get older they call it Alzheimer’s.

Go figure....

Return to Top
#71848 - 04/04/03 04:37 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Anonymous
Unregistered

The worst is when your spouse knows that your memory fades (especially when your spouse is younger than you). Any conversation that begins with "I already told you I was doing that..." ends with "Whose memory are we going to believe..."!

Return to Top
#71849 - 04/04/03 04:42 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
I personally hate it when I have to repeat myself 5 times, 5 different ways, still not to be heard...only to find out that Sports Center is on!

Return to Top
#71850 - 04/04/03 04:43 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
My wife accuses me of never listening to her....that's not the case...just my mind was on something else when she decided to bring up the topic again...

Return to Top
#71851 - 04/04/03 04:48 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Quote:

My old boss use to say he knew he was old the day he realized he could hide his own Easter eggs and enjoy hunting them!

Does he plan his own surprise parties, too?

Return to Top
#71852 - 04/04/03 04:48 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I personally hate it when I have to repeat myself 5 times, 5 different ways, still not to be heard...only to find out that Sports Center is on!

Yeah, but the difference is that you are actually the one watching Sportscenter!

Return to Top
#71853 - 04/04/03 04:56 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
ahou Offline
Power Poster
ahou
My 47th is next week. Last Sept I made the mistake of having a physical (never had one before...but now that I'm older, thought it might be a good idea) WRONG! Nothing has gone right since. Now have to take once a week Actonel for osteoporosis. To remind myself to take it, the night before I put a glass of water beside my bed. Last night, just as I was dozing off, I heard this lapping noise. To my dismay, my 12lb Siamese cat was helping himself to a drink. How many other times has he done this? Yuk! I may now have a cat disease and don't know it yet.

Return to Top
#71854 - 04/04/03 05:07 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
They say a dog's mouth is cleaner than a human's. I wonder if the same is true for cats.

Return to Top
#71855 - 04/04/03 05:11 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

Yeah, I was told to do that so I wouldn't forget something in the office fridge,
So I proceeded to not only lock myself out of the office, but couldn't even drive my
car home! Thank God for cell phones.

Return to Top
#71856 - 04/04/03 05:13 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I'd say no on the cats since cat bites can be horribly nasty and even require surgery. Of course I love my two.

Return to Top
#71857 - 04/04/03 05:19 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Quote:

They say a dog's mouth is cleaner than a human's.

When I consider my dog's choice of cuisine, I don't see how this is possible.

Return to Top
#71858 - 04/04/03 05:24 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
JulesB Offline
Gold Star
JulesB
A Designated Tree City in OK, ...
Quote:

My 47th is next week. Last Sept I made the mistake of having a physical (never had one before...but now that I'm older, thought it might be a good idea) WRONG! Nothing has gone right since. Now have to take once a week Actonel for osteoporosis. To remind myself to take it, the night before I put a glass of water beside my bed. Last night, just as I was dozing off, I heard this lapping noise. To my dismay, my 12lb Siamese cat was helping himself to a drink. How many other times has he done this? Yuk! I may now have a cat disease and don't know it yet.

Osteoporosis is serious stuff. My grandmother had it, and I can't tell you how many broken bones she had over the years, before a hip break was the beginning of the end. She was 93 when we lost her 9/24/01. Believe me, you don't want to end up like she did, having to wear a body brace just to hold herself up. It was sad watching her physical condition deteriorate, while her mind was still sharp as a tack.

On to a lighter side, I often find myself going from one room to another in our house and can't remember why or what I was looking for, and am only 42 (young these days). My husband laughs, but then will ask me where he left something, like I'm supposed to know where everything is in our house, when I never even touched it.

Return to Top
#71859 - 04/04/03 05:26 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Elaine K. Sheehan Offline
100 Club
Elaine  K. Sheehan
Grand Rapids, MI
With three cats in my household I have been sharing water for years. No desease yet. But I don't recommend it. I keep a water glass just for them in the bathroom next to the sink. Every time any one goes in there they insist on having it fresly filled. Every once in a while I forget to tell visitors that it's the cats glass. Oh, oh. I bet you don't want to come visit now!

Return to Top
#71860 - 04/04/03 05:36 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
DEL Offline
Platinum Poster
Maine
My cats have always drunk out of the cup of water I kept on the headboard above my bed - until the current cat developed the annoying habit of knocking the glass over. I decided I'd rather be thirsty than wet!

Return to Top
#71861 - 04/04/03 05:37 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Anonymous
Unregistered

My husband routinely places his keys on the staircase next to the front door. Periodically, I place my keys there as well. One morning he grabbed the wrong set and because we each keep a clicker and key for the others' vehicle on our keyrings, he didn't notice until he arrived at work and was locked out of his office, etc. He promptly called to explain how I may have a similar fate awaiting me at my office since I was left with his set, but how it was my fault anyway for leaving my keys where his would be. Apparently I missed the ceremony where he marked the step as his territory. Grrr... those loveable hubbys!

Return to Top
#71862 - 04/04/03 05:40 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
I have two cats too, but there is no sharing of anything of mine with them! They know when they have crossed the line!

Return to Top
#71863 - 04/04/03 05:42 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
The only thing I share with mine is my bed at night. One sleeps on my feet and the other one sleeps up next to my shoulders. It can be quite difficult to roll over at night.

Return to Top
#71864 - 04/04/03 05:43 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
Quote:

The only thing I share with mine is my bed at night. One sleeps on my feet and the other one sleeps up next to my shoulders. It can be quite difficult to roll over at night.

I must be a horrible "cat mother", because my door is closed every night! The youngest used to actually knock at the door, but they realize that it is now off limits!

Return to Top
#71865 - 04/04/03 05:44 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
RebekahL CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
RebekahL CRCM
Big Sky Country
Quote:

I once opened the refrigerator of a friend and saw a Time magazine on the shelf. Wonder what was up with that?

Yeah, as I kid I was continually losing the homework and schoolbooks I needed to start working on after school. Usually around dinner time my mom would find them on a shelf in the fridge. Apparently my afterschool snack took precedence over algebra!

Quote:

When you're a kid and you can't concentrate. You forget why you went in a room or where you put your book, keys, etc..... They call it Attention Deficit Disorder - A.D.D.

As you get older they call it Alzheimer’s.

Go figure....

I prefer to state that I'm suffering from "C.R.S."

Can't Remember S#@% !

I like to think I'm still somewhere between "kid" and "older" (I'm 29). Depending on who you talk to, though, I must be one or the other.

Return to Top
#71866 - 04/04/03 05:50 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Don't worry, Kara. When I get remarried in June all of this will change. When my older cat was a kitten I shut my door also because she loved to jump on your feet when you moved in your sleep. My son slept with houseslippers on for three months during the heat of the summer.

Return to Top
#71867 - 04/04/03 06:56 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
JulesB Offline
Gold Star
JulesB
Quote:

I must be a horrible "cat mother", because my door is closed every night! The youngest used to actually knock at the door, but they realize that it is now off limits!

I guess I'm a mean cat Mom too! We keep our door closed at night. The girls have even given up on rattling the door on Saturday mornings when we don't get up by 7am to feed them.

Return to Top
#71868 - 04/04/03 07:04 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Oh you big meanie....kicking out the kitties for a silly man!

My sweetie and I share a full size bed (it's an antique I just haven't given up yet) with two cats. One on my head, one on his feet. He's learned to love them LOL If he didn't...he'd get the boot

I leave the water running in a little used bathroom sink for the little brats. It won't keep them from slurping from my water glass (they also like tea) so I guard those. I also can't bring flowers home because they think they're evil beings and tackle the arrangements EVERY time. While it's bad to lose the roses...there's nothing funnier than seeing a kittie with a long stemmed rose in his mouth (Don Juanish).

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#71869 - 04/04/03 07:07 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
Quote:

I leave the water running in a little used bathroom sink for the little brats. It won't keep them from slurping from my water glass (they also like tea) so I guard those. I also can't bring flowers home because they think they're evil beings and tackle the arrangements EVERY time. While it's bad to lose the roses...there's nothing funnier than seeing a kittie with a long stemmed rose in his mouth (Don Juanish).

Heh Heh! Whenever someone lovely buys me flowers, I have to lock the bouquet in the bathroom, otherwise my cats think that the bouquet is a snack! Can't say I get to enjoy the flowers, but my bathroom sure looks nice! LOL!

Return to Top
#71870 - 04/04/03 07:11 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I, too, have t keep flowers locked up in a little-used room. I also have a lamp without a cord because the older one chewed it through when she was a kitten. I will have two crying babies this weekend. I'm painting and I'll have to shut them up in a bedroom.

Dawnie - I think the man is worth it.

Return to Top
#71871 - 04/04/03 07:53 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

I guess I'm a mean cat Mom too! We keep our door closed at night. The girls have even given up on rattling the door on Saturday mornings when we don't get up by 7am to feed them.

I must be mean as well, I won't let my guy cat in the bedroom at night, because like all of
the other little kitties mentioned, he just has to knock over the bedside glass of water. He is quiet all night long until the
the alarm goes off, then he starts howling outside the door. So even if I hit the Snooze button, I can't go back to sleep.!
But I love him anyway.

Return to Top
#71872 - 04/04/03 07:54 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Heh Heh, Well if he's worth it, you should probably keep him then Autumn

Glad to know you all experience the flower thing too! My previous kitties (lost in the divorce ) never did that so I just thought these two were nut cases

Return to Top
#71873 - 04/04/03 07:57 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
JulesB Offline
Gold Star
JulesB
We can't keep any type of live green plant or flowers in our house. The cats eat the leaves, then throw them up on the carpet later. Then, of course the plants look awful because the leaves are all torn up or have teeth holes in them. . . . What is the life expectancy of an indoor cat??? Just kidding - we will probably just do without the plants until the girls have used up their nine lives (they will be 10 on 4/20).

Return to Top
#71874 - 04/04/03 08:04 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
I chose to start growing catnip in order to tame the beasts. I have three cats. One of them has an internal clock that she has set with my alarm clock so there is no sleeping in on weekends at my house. One is an addict (catnip). The other one is mentally disabled so she gets away with pretty much anything.

Return to Top
#71875 - 04/04/03 08:14 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
yy2say Offline
Gold Star
yy2say
PA
Quote:

My husband laughs, but then will ask me where he left something, like I'm supposed to know where everything is in our house, when I never even touched it.

My hubby always wonders what I have done with his socks ...says he puts them in the laundry and they seem to disappear ...even when he does the laundry, wants to know what I've done with his socks! Drives me crazy! Doesn't help that it is usually 5:30 AM when he is searching. LOL

Return to Top
#71876 - 04/04/03 08:21 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
That's why I'm marrying him in June. He has 2-3 dogs (not sure if the ex is going to keep one) and I have two house cats. This could be quite interesting.

Return to Top
#71877 - 04/04/03 08:30 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
How about a PET POLL?

Cats, Dogs, Kids & Other
Cats
Dogs
Kids
Other

Happy Friday!

Cats, Dogs, Kids & Other
single choice

Votes accepted starting: 01/15/04 01:48 AM
View Results

Return to Top
#71878 - 04/04/03 08:33 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
I would actually need to check all four items on the poll (although my rabbit is no longer with us.) But I've still got my two dogs, two cats, and six children.

Return to Top
#71879 - 04/04/03 08:50 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
I have 2 cats, prefer dogs, no kids.

Return to Top
#71880 - 04/04/03 08:51 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Anonymous
Unregistered

1 dog, one kid

Return to Top
#71881 - 04/04/03 08:52 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
2 cats - 1 kid

Return to Top
#71882 - 04/04/03 08:54 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
3 Cats, 1 Kid, 2 Snails, 1 Beta, 1 African Frog

Return to Top
#71883 - 04/04/03 09:07 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
1 cat; 1 kid, 1 guy, and several dust bunnies!

Return to Top
#71884 - 04/04/03 09:09 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
Quote:

1 cat; 1 kid, 1 guy, and several dust bunnies!

he he...had to get rid of the guy because of the cats!

Return to Top
#71885 - 04/04/03 09:54 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
3 cats, 1 kid, 1 husband and 1 betta. Also, mice running around in the storage rooms in the basement.

Return to Top
#71886 - 04/04/03 10:15 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
juliad Offline
Gold Star
juliad
Dallas, TX
1 dog (who is my only child ) We had a skunk (de-stinked, of course), but sadly he passed away a few years ago. Once our maintenance man came into the apartment while we were out and later remarked that he "was the biggest squirrel he had ever seen".

Return to Top
#71887 - 04/04/03 10:20 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
yy2say Offline
Gold Star
yy2say
PA
1 dog
2 kids (both teenagers)
1 hubby

The dog stays ...

Return to Top
#71888 - 04/04/03 10:25 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
mmason Offline
Gold Star
New England
Just 1 cat, but thinking of getting another. Maybe that would give her company so she'd leave us alone at night. We've tried closing the door but she just scratches at it till my husband throws his slipper at the door, then she goes away for awhile

Return to Top
#71889 - 04/04/03 10:30 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Uncle_Milty Offline
Gold Star
New Jersey
1 cat, 2 kids and 1 notme. I don't know what category the notme falls into because I've never seen it, but I know I have one because the kids swear it is responsible for all the bad stuff that happens around the house

Return to Top
#71890 - 04/04/03 10:34 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
RGS Offline
Platinum Poster
RGS
Home of the 8 time NCAA Champ ...
3 permanent dogs, 2 "foster" dogs that are living with us through rescue organizations. At various times all will sleep in the bed with us.

Return to Top
#71891 - 04/04/03 10:37 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
mmason Offline
Gold Star
New England
I wouldn't mind at all if the cat actually slept on the bed, but she insists on standing on top of me and kneading her paws. Doesn't help much with the sleeping process.

Return to Top
#71892 - 04/04/03 11:05 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
RGS Offline
Platinum Poster
RGS
Home of the 8 time NCAA Champ ...
The worst thing is when they wake me up at 5:30 on a Saturday morning, I can't go back to sleep, then they start taking naps.

Return to Top
#71893 - 04/05/03 12:47 AM Re: Frivolity: economy
Anonymous
Unregistered

I suspect I can top you all on pets. I have:
3 Horses
2 Ponys
4 Dogs
5 Cats
1 Cockateil
3 Chickens
1 Russian Tortoise
1 Neon Guppy
1 Large scary thing with big feet and loud toenails that
stalks the attic at night directly over my bed.

Return to Top
#71894 - 04/05/03 01:06 AM Re: Frivolity: economy
Harvey Offline
100 Club
Harvey
3 weiner dogs, cats make me sneeze

Return to Top
#71895 - 04/05/03 05:55 AM Re: Frivolity: economy
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Quote:

3 Horses
2 Ponys
4 Dogs
5 Cats
1 Cockateil
3 Chickens
1 Russian Tortoise
1 Neon Guppy

...and a partridge in a pear tree...

Return to Top
#71896 - 04/07/03 12:26 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Pet Poll: 2 cats, lots of tropical fish, kid on the way!

Jules: re life expectancy of an indoor cat - 14 years average. Versus THREE years for an outdoor kitty.

Return to Top
#71897 - 04/07/03 12:27 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Sounds like you need to put the cats in the attic.

Return to Top
#71898 - 04/07/03 12:57 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
TDW Offline
Gold Star
Quote:

3 Horses
2 Ponys
4 Dogs
5 Cats
1 Cockateil
3 Chickens
1 Russian Tortoise
1 Neon Guppy

I don't know about that..
200 horses and colts popping out everywhere
5 coyote hunting dogs
1 indoor beagle
8 outdoor cats - since I feed them well the neighbors cats enjoy our home too.
3 fish
who knows how many mice
3 coons (they seem to like our loft in the barn)
oh, and two adorable kids ages 1 and 2...we are very busy!

Return to Top
#71899 - 04/07/03 01:03 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I love the "notme"! My son can't get away with that as he is an only child, but believe it or not,
he does try to blame the cat!

Return to Top
#71900 - 04/07/03 06:15 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Anonymous
Unregistered

re: 200 horses and colts popping out everywhere
Ok - 5 is enough. I may have as many mice as you do though. . .

Return to Top
#71901 - 04/07/03 06:52 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
No pets
No kids
No spouse
No worries

Return to Top
#71902 - 04/07/03 06:53 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
Quote:

No pets
No kids
No spouse
No worries

No worries is correct!

Return to Top
#71903 - 04/07/03 06:57 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
No pets.
No kids. (at home anyway, although I entertain my 3 year old grandson just about every Saturday. Looking forward to getting him out on the fishing boat this year.)
No spouse.
Can't say I have no worries.

Return to Top
#71904 - 04/07/03 07:03 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Quote:

No pets
No kids
No spouse
No worries

Six kids
Two cats
Two dogs
One wife
No hair

Return to Top
#71905 - 04/07/03 07:25 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
yy2say Offline
Gold Star
yy2say
PA
Quote:

Quote:

No pets
No kids
No spouse
No worries

Six kids
Two cats
Two dogs
One wife
No hair

I really needed this laugh about now ...thanks!

Return to Top
#71906 - 04/07/03 07:39 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
KK Offline
100 Club
KK
Southern California
2 kids
1 dog
4 desert tortoises (2 still asleep)
2 bearded dragons

Return to Top
#71907 - 04/07/03 08:15 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Just 1 cat, but thinking of getting another. Maybe that would give her company so she'd leave us alone at night. We've tried closing the door but she just scratches at it till my husband throws his slipper at the door, then she goes away for awhile

We bought a screen door for our bedroom. Lets the nice breeze through our room, keeps the air/heat/cool circulating, but the cats can't get in a shed all over the bed!

Return to Top
#71908 - 04/07/03 08:17 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Mine would climb the screen and then hang there and howl. We just give in and let them sleep with us. Nice except at 4am when they stomp up to see if I am awake (well, I am NOW, aren't I. That's ok, these days I'm up at that time pretty regularly anyways.)

Return to Top
#71909 - 04/07/03 08:23 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
2 kitties
1 "partner" "Sweetheart" (or other politicaly correct names for someone you've seen for 3 years and haven't married)
All in the bed
Fur from the living room to the basement
A wine celler to help me deal with it all
Oh and I think there's a squirril living in the storage unit..but he won't answer when called.

I haven't figured where to put the sewing room. I'm thinking at the "significant others" condo...he's not using it LOL

(I can't copy and paste for spell check for some bizzare reason...so please spell away)

Return to Top
#71910 - 04/07/03 08:53 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Ted Dreyer Offline
Diamond Poster
Ted Dreyer
Quote:

Mine would climb the screen and then hang there and howl.

Just to be clear, we are talking about cats here, right?

Return to Top
#71911 - 04/07/03 08:55 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Oh yeah. Cats. I suppose some kids would do that too, and the fish have a hard time finding their way out of the tank, thank goodness, but in my case, cats. For the moment.

Return to Top
#71912 - 04/07/03 09:09 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Michelle D Offline
Gold Star
Michelle D
Terminator Country
1 dog (thinks he's a person or a cat depending on his mood)

He's a 3 year old child with all of the joys that they bring. He insists on sleeping in the bed, with his head on a pillow and being covered up. When he gets uncovered, just like my 3 year niece, he wakes me up so I can cover him back up.

Return to Top
#71913 - 04/07/03 09:12 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
JulesB Offline
Gold Star
JulesB
3 kids
2 dogs
2 cats
1 husband

Haven't had animals sleeping in the bed for over twenty years. The last time that happened, the dogs brought fleas into the bed with them. NOT a pretty site!!!

Return to Top
#71914 - 04/08/03 01:24 AM Re: Frivolity: economy
c.a.r Offline
Gold Star
c.a.r
Texas, USA
2 dogs
14 goats
300+ love birds
40 cockatails
1 husband
3 kids (1 left at home) (1 threating to come back)
to many rabbits, deer,pill bugs and scorpions to count

Return to Top
#71915 - 04/08/03 02:25 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
Quote:

to many rabbits, deer,pill bugs and scorpions to count

Pill bugs! You must live in East Texas. We lived out that way for about a year when I was little. One of the few things I remember is catching pill bugs, putting them in a can with a lid, and shaking it. Made great noise! Of course that was back when I'd bait my own hook, too!

As far as pets - do several dozen loan officers, a marketing department, etc., etc. count? No, I suppose they don't. How about glass fish? All you have to remember to do is add some water to their bowl every couple of weeks when they start floating on the bottom.

Return to Top
#71916 - 04/08/03 03:34 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Did you know that pill bugs (aka roly polys and wood lice) are actually crustaceans, not bugs?? (and no, I don't know why I know that. But try drowning one sometime - they just stand there on the bottom and look at you.)

Return to Top
#71917 - 04/08/03 07:30 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Just reading throught this post and I had to chuckle, I think we all
referred to our children as "kids", aka baby goats... They do act
like animals though...

Return to Top
#71918 - 04/08/03 07:41 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
SMQ, CRCM Offline