Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options Tools
#71860 - 04/04/03 05:36 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
DEL Offline
Platinum Poster
Maine
My cats have always drunk out of the cup of water I kept on the headboard above my bed - until the current cat developed the annoying habit of knocking the glass over. I decided I'd rather be thirsty than wet!

Return to Top
General Discussion
#71861 - 04/04/03 05:37 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Anonymous
Unregistered

My husband routinely places his keys on the staircase next to the front door. Periodically, I place my keys there as well. One morning he grabbed the wrong set and because we each keep a clicker and key for the others' vehicle on our keyrings, he didn't notice until he arrived at work and was locked out of his office, etc. He promptly called to explain how I may have a similar fate awaiting me at my office since I was left with his set, but how it was my fault anyway for leaving my keys where his would be. Apparently I missed the ceremony where he marked the step as his territory. Grrr... those loveable hubbys!

Return to Top
#71862 - 04/04/03 05:40 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
I have two cats too, but there is no sharing of anything of mine with them! They know when they have crossed the line!

Return to Top
#71863 - 04/04/03 05:42 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
The only thing I share with mine is my bed at night. One sleeps on my feet and the other one sleeps up next to my shoulders. It can be quite difficult to roll over at night.

Return to Top
#71864 - 04/04/03 05:43 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
Quote:

The only thing I share with mine is my bed at night. One sleeps on my feet and the other one sleeps up next to my shoulders. It can be quite difficult to roll over at night.

I must be a horrible "cat mother", because my door is closed every night! The youngest used to actually knock at the door, but they realize that it is now off limits!

Return to Top
#71865 - 04/04/03 05:44 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
RebekahL CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
RebekahL CRCM
Big Sky Country
Quote:

I once opened the refrigerator of a friend and saw a Time magazine on the shelf. Wonder what was up with that?

Yeah, as I kid I was continually losing the homework and schoolbooks I needed to start working on after school. Usually around dinner time my mom would find them on a shelf in the fridge. Apparently my afterschool snack took precedence over algebra!

Quote:

When you're a kid and you can't concentrate. You forget why you went in a room or where you put your book, keys, etc..... They call it Attention Deficit Disorder - A.D.D.

As you get older they call it Alzheimer’s.

Go figure....

I prefer to state that I'm suffering from "C.R.S."

Can't Remember S#@% !

I like to think I'm still somewhere between "kid" and "older" (I'm 29). Depending on who you talk to, though, I must be one or the other.

Return to Top
#71866 - 04/04/03 05:50 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Don't worry, Kara. When I get remarried in June all of this will change. When my older cat was a kitten I shut my door also because she loved to jump on your feet when you moved in your sleep. My son slept with houseslippers on for three months during the heat of the summer.

Return to Top
#71867 - 04/04/03 06:56 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
JulesB Offline
Gold Star
JulesB
A Designated Tree City in OK, ...
Quote:

I must be a horrible "cat mother", because my door is closed every night! The youngest used to actually knock at the door, but they realize that it is now off limits!

I guess I'm a mean cat Mom too! We keep our door closed at night. The girls have even given up on rattling the door on Saturday mornings when we don't get up by 7am to feed them.

Return to Top
#71868 - 04/04/03 07:04 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Oh you big meanie....kicking out the kitties for a silly man!

My sweetie and I share a full size bed (it's an antique I just haven't given up yet) with two cats. One on my head, one on his feet. He's learned to love them LOL If he didn't...he'd get the boot

I leave the water running in a little used bathroom sink for the little brats. It won't keep them from slurping from my water glass (they also like tea) so I guard those. I also can't bring flowers home because they think they're evil beings and tackle the arrangements EVERY time. While it's bad to lose the roses...there's nothing funnier than seeing a kittie with a long stemmed rose in his mouth (Don Juanish).

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#71869 - 04/04/03 07:07 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
Quote:

I leave the water running in a little used bathroom sink for the little brats. It won't keep them from slurping from my water glass (they also like tea) so I guard those. I also can't bring flowers home because they think they're evil beings and tackle the arrangements EVERY time. While it's bad to lose the roses...there's nothing funnier than seeing a kittie with a long stemmed rose in his mouth (Don Juanish).

Heh Heh! Whenever someone lovely buys me flowers, I have to lock the bouquet in the bathroom, otherwise my cats think that the bouquet is a snack! Can't say I get to enjoy the flowers, but my bathroom sure looks nice! LOL!

Return to Top
#71870 - 04/04/03 07:11 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I, too, have t keep flowers locked up in a little-used room. I also have a lamp without a cord because the older one chewed it through when she was a kitten. I will have two crying babies this weekend. I'm painting and I'll have to shut them up in a bedroom.

Dawnie - I think the man is worth it.

Return to Top
#71871 - 04/04/03 07:53 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

I guess I'm a mean cat Mom too! We keep our door closed at night. The girls have even given up on rattling the door on Saturday mornings when we don't get up by 7am to feed them.

I must be mean as well, I won't let my guy cat in the bedroom at night, because like all of
the other little kitties mentioned, he just has to knock over the bedside glass of water. He is quiet all night long until the
the alarm goes off, then he starts howling outside the door. So even if I hit the Snooze button, I can't go back to sleep.!
But I love him anyway.

Return to Top
#71872 - 04/04/03 07:54 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Heh Heh, Well if he's worth it, you should probably keep him then Autumn

Glad to know you all experience the flower thing too! My previous kitties (lost in the divorce ) never did that so I just thought these two were nut cases

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#71873 - 04/04/03 07:57 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
JulesB Offline
Gold Star
JulesB
A Designated Tree City in OK, ...
We can't keep any type of live green plant or flowers in our house. The cats eat the leaves, then throw them up on the carpet later. Then, of course the plants look awful because the leaves are all torn up or have teeth holes in them. . . . What is the life expectancy of an indoor cat??? Just kidding - we will probably just do without the plants until the girls have used up their nine lives (they will be 10 on 4/20).

Return to Top
#71874 - 04/04/03 08:04 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
I chose to start growing catnip in order to tame the beasts. I have three cats. One of them has an internal clock that she has set with my alarm clock so there is no sleeping in on weekends at my house. One is an addict (catnip). The other one is mentally disabled so she gets away with pretty much anything.

Return to Top
#71875 - 04/04/03 08:14 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
yy2say Offline
Gold Star
yy2say
PA
Quote:

My husband laughs, but then will ask me where he left something, like I'm supposed to know where everything is in our house, when I never even touched it.

My hubby always wonders what I have done with his socks ...says he puts them in the laundry and they seem to disappear ...even when he does the laundry, wants to know what I've done with his socks! Drives me crazy! Doesn't help that it is usually 5:30 AM when he is searching. LOL

Return to Top
#71876 - 04/04/03 08:21 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
That's why I'm marrying him in June. He has 2-3 dogs (not sure if the ex is going to keep one) and I have two house cats. This could be quite interesting.

Return to Top
#71877 - 04/04/03 08:30 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
How about a PET POLL?

Cats, Dogs, Kids & Other
Cats
Dogs
Kids
Other

Happy Friday!

Cats, Dogs, Kids & Other
single choice

Votes accepted starting: 01/15/04 01:48 AM
View Results

Return to Top
#71878 - 04/04/03 08:33 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
I would actually need to check all four items on the poll (although my rabbit is no longer with us.) But I've still got my two dogs, two cats, and six children.

Return to Top
#71879 - 04/04/03 08:50 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
I have 2 cats, prefer dogs, no kids.

Return to Top
#71880 - 04/04/03 08:51 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Anonymous
Unregistered

1 dog, one kid

Return to Top
#71881 - 04/04/03 08:52 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
2 cats - 1 kid

Return to Top
#71882 - 04/04/03 08:54 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
3 Cats, 1 Kid, 2 Snails, 1 Beta, 1 African Frog

Return to Top
#71883 - 04/04/03 09:07 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
1 cat; 1 kid, 1 guy, and several dust bunnies!

Return to Top
#71884 - 04/04/03 09:09 PM Re: Frivolity: economy
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
Quote:

1 cat; 1 kid, 1 guy, and several dust bunnies!

he he...had to get rid of the guy because of the cats!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4