BOL Conferences
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options Tools
#80767 - 05/16/03 04:10 PM Re: Cub Plug
LiL Bit Moore Offline
Platinum Poster
LiL Bit Moore
Texas
Unfortunately my kids have sooo many ball games themselves this time of year I don't get to see as many Ranger games as what I like and here lately they haven't been showing in our area. I think there has been some impact since Pudge left on the crowd. My husband will sit in his truck and listen to games. Last I heard they were pretty close to 500 - before this last losing streak - which is not to bad for them! The pitching staff is getting better, but still has a way to go

Return to Top
General Discussion
#80768 - 05/16/03 04:22 PM Re: Cub Plug
Tom C Offline
100 Club
South of Boston
Quote:

What about the AL?? I'm having a heck of a time finding someone to talk "Mariners" since I moved to the East coast (who wants to talk about Boston ) it's even worse when they play the (yuck) Yankees ....

Oh yeah? The Red Sox spank the Rangers three in a row and Nomar hits successfully again to lead the league at 16 and you give up on them already? That's not supposed to happen until after the All Star break!

Return to Top
#80769 - 05/16/03 04:27 PM Re: Cub Plug
Tom C Offline
100 Club
South of Boston
You can keep your fancy-dancy ballparks! Nothing can beat a warm summer night at Fenway even if we are playing the dreaded Yankees!

Return to Top
#80770 - 05/16/03 04:30 PM Re: Cub Plug
Anonymous
Unregistered

I made it as close to right on the street outside of Fenway - agree with you 100% - beautiful landmark building. Just missing the whole extensive neighborhood bar thing surrounding it like Wrigley.

Return to Top
#80771 - 05/16/03 04:32 PM Re: Cub Plug
Mr. Clean Offline
Platinum Poster
Mr. Clean
New England

Oh yeah? The Red Sox spank the Rangers three in a row and Nomar hits successfully again to lead the league at 16 and you give up on them already? That's not supposed to happen until after the All Star break!

Yes but they were playing (sorry LiL Bit More ) only the Rangers...

Return to Top
#80772 - 05/16/03 04:45 PM Re: Cub Plug
LiL Bit Moore Offline
Platinum Poster
LiL Bit Moore
Texas
Ya'll just wait - when my son gets called up they will finally win a Pennant . A Rod better move over!
But seriously, I'm not a fair weather fan and I will always stay true to the Boys and the Rangers! Even though right now my sons 16/17 yr old team would probably hang with them and they are the Texas Mariners! Go figure !

Return to Top
#80773 - 05/16/03 04:48 PM Re: Cub Plug
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
I have a horrible secret! I just cheer for anyone the Brewers are playing! I love watching fans around me get mad!

Return to Top
#80774 - 05/16/03 04:56 PM Re: Cub Plug
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Quote:

I have a horrible secret! I just cheer for anyone the Brewers are playing! I love watching fans around me get mad!

Saturday night, I was at the Matchbox 20 concert with my wife while the 76ers and Pistons were in the midst of their playoff series across the street. During the concert, it was announced that the "Sixers just kicked the *stuffing* out of the Pistons." All of the concertgoers erupted into a big cheer- except for my wife, who is from Detroit. She was booing, and left me fearing for her personal safety.

Return to Top
#80775 - 05/16/03 05:17 PM Re: Cub Plug
JulesB Offline
Gold Star
JulesB
A Designated Tree City in OK, ...
Quote:

Ya'll just wait - when my son gets called up they will finally when a Pennant . A Rod better move over!
But seriously, I'm not a fair weather fan and I will always stay true to the Boys and the Rangers! Even though right now my sons 16/17 yr old team would probably hang with them and they are the Texas Mariners! Go figure !

Maybe he'll get to play in OKC first with the Redhawks (Rangers' AAA farm team), at the beautiful Bricktown Ball Park. Went to a game last month and got to view from one of the suites. It was great! While others got rained on part of the game, we got to go inside and stay nice and dry.

Return to Top
#80776 - 05/16/03 05:31 PM Re: Cub Plug
EllenA Offline
Platinum Poster
EllenA
Flushing, NY
Last year, at BAI in Phoniex, I had double fun. Went to the Diamondback game and watched the Mets trounce them AND got to bring home a purple Rattle to give to my die-hard Yankee fan husband. Kara, it was really fun routing for the "wrong" team. And it was culture shock! The people passed the food down the row to the person who ordered and then they passed the money back to the seller Warning -- do not do this if you come to a game here

Return to Top
#80777 - 05/16/03 05:56 PM Re: Cub Plug
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
A couple of years ago, some friends and I went to Chicago on a 'baseball' trip. We went to games at Wrigley, Comiskey, then at Busch on our way home. It was awesome! Wrigley is unbelievable - all the hype is true.

Of course, I live much closer to Dallas, Denver and Phoenix, but I haven't been to their ballparks (yet!).

Return to Top
#80778 - 05/16/03 06:05 PM Re: Cub Plug
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cubbie...

I dig Wrigley Field as well and think that Baseball, Football, and giving a shout out for all our favorite teams if the best way to end a heck of a week in Compliance!

Go Spurs Go...Go Cubs Go...Go Cowboys Go and Go BOL Go!!!

Return to Top
#80779 - 05/16/03 06:11 PM Re: Cub Plug
EllenA Offline
Platinum Poster
EllenA
Flushing, NY
Go Devils Go
Go Nets Go

Return to Top
#80780 - 05/16/03 07:02 PM Re: Cub Plug
LiL Bit Moore Offline
Platinum Poster
LiL Bit Moore
Texas
One of the most awesome tournaments my son was invited to play in this last summer was in Alabama at Rickwood stadium which was home of the Birmingham Barons. The Barons were the first team in the Negro League with Willie Mays, Satchel Paige, etc. They used the field in several movies, one of which was A League of Their Own. The feeling in the stadium was really kewl! The boys, as we were told was a tradition, took some dirt from the field and put it in jars for keepsakes. The field still had original bleachers, signs and scoreboard and is the oldest standing park today. If you are ever that way I think it is a one time must see! Or better yet look here.

Return to Top
#80781 - 05/16/03 09:44 PM Re: Cub Plug
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was a Cub fan for 34 years. I died with them during the 69 season, the 84 playoffs, and the 89 playoffs. When they decided to let Greg Maddux leave so that they could sign 2 free agent pitchers for the price of one, I said that was enough for me. Go to Wrigly Field now with young kids and you spend most of the game passing beers down the row or getting up for people to use the washroom. Oh for the days when you could go to Wrigley and get box seats the day of the game. Go White Sox!!!

Return to Top
#80782 - 05/16/03 09:47 PM Re: Cub Plug
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh at least log in if you want to Cub bash - I forgot that people in all other ballparks don't drink beer and never have to relieve themselves!

Return to Top
#80783 - 05/16/03 09:53 PM Re: Cub Plug
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

You can keep your fancy-dancy ballparks! Nothing can beat a warm summer night at Fenway even if we are playing the dreaded Yankees!

Coincidentally, on espn.com today: web page and web page

Return to Top
#80784 - 05/16/03 10:10 PM Re: Cub Plug
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cub Dave,

Sorry for posting anonomously earlier. I love Comiskey, er,US Cellular because I don't have to worry about passing beers down the row because there are usually only about 17,000 of us in the park. We just spread ourselves out. Gotta run, Out onto the field that is.

Return to Top
#80785 - 05/16/03 10:41 PM Re: Cub Plug
RFitzpatrick Offline
Gold Star
RFitzpatrick
Pacific NW
Quote:

Sorry for posting anonomously earlier.

Why, you're still anonymous

Return to Top
#80786 - 05/16/03 10:44 PM Re: Cub Plug
river rat Offline
river rat
washington
Eddddddddddddddd Garrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
I love the Mariners. Went to spring training 2 years ago and have made it over to Seattle for 2 games so far this year. Both wins - Oakland and Anaheim. Freddie is my man, but he better start throwing or he might get replaced on my list with Gil.

Return to Top
#80787 - 05/17/03 12:23 AM Re: Cub Plug
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Is anyone else frightened by Lil's Big SMILEY face? tee hee hee

I used to do radio commentary in Seattle on the Mariners. My raido name was "The Choke Lady" which refered to the fact that whenever anyone in Seattle had any hope what so ever of the Mariners making it through a championship series...they ALWAYS choked!

I worked in branch land in those days. It was always interesting working with a client at my desk and a radio in the top drawer with an ear phone thingie in my left ear. Sometimes the games were much more interesting than the clients...and I'm sure they always wondered when I shouted WOO HOO when they made a deposit...How hard up can a bank be for cash?

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#80788 - 05/17/03 03:23 PM Re: Cub Plug
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anyone else wonder if there is anything Dawnie hasn't done?!

Return to Top
#80789 - 05/19/03 02:46 AM Re: Cub Plug
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
I can't make rice. And I'm deathly afraid of ski lifts. I was never Ms. America and I was rejected from flight attendent school because I'm under 5'4". So...4 things I haven't done

And don't suggest a rice cooker anyone!!!! You just make me feel stupider...I tried that, still didn't work. If you come to my house for dinner...don't expect rice

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#80790 - 05/19/03 12:23 PM Re: Cub Plug
Mr. Clean Offline
Platinum Poster
Mr. Clean
New England
Quote:

I can't make rice. And I'm deathly afraid of ski lifts. I was never Ms. America and I was rejected from flight attendent school because I'm under 5'4". So...4 things I haven't done

And don't suggest a rice cooker anyone!!!! You just make me feel stupider...I tried that, still didn't work. If you come to my house for dinner...don't expect rice

You know you can boil rice (like pasta) and just drain it when done...

Return to Top
#80791 - 05/19/03 12:55 PM Re: Cub Plug
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well I would like to nominate Dawney as ... Ms. BOL!!!

All in favor say I...those opposed...

It looks like the I's have it!!!

Now you've done it all!

- Your friendly neighborhood BOL User...

Return to Top
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4