BOL Conferences

Page 4 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 6 37 38
Thread Options
#426790 - 12/05/05 09:16 PM Re: Weight Watchers
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
I have a total of 18 gone. Only 22, (preferably 32 but then I would just look sickly), more to go. I have set no time frame cause when it didn't happen, I would get discouraged and quit. Having a no end specified leaves me some room to breathe and still sit here feeling good about what I have done so far.

Return to Top
#426791 - 12/08/05 04:43 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
I reached my goal. Yesss!!! When I started Weight Watchers, my goal was to lose a total of 20 lbs. I made that exactly to the pound at weigh-in last night. Now I just have to learn to maintain the weight.

Return to Top
#426792 - 12/08/05 06:07 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Suzie Offline
Platinum Poster
Suzie
Far North
Lady Luck, great job! You are an inspiration.

How is everybody else doing?

Return to Top
#426793 - 12/08/05 06:36 PM Re: Weight Watchers
OkieOps Offline
Platinum Poster
OkieOps
OK
I weighed in today. I am kind of stuck on the scale, however, I increased my time on the treadmill to 30 minutes (1 1/2 miles) in the mornings about 3 weeks ago. I do feel that my pants are looser on my thighs, but it is sure dicouraging when the scale is not moving. I just have to keep telling myself to stick with it and it will come off.

Return to Top
#426794 - 12/08/05 07:48 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Suzie Offline
Platinum Poster
Suzie
Far North
NancyC, a plateau, don't you hate it! I have been there and it is very discouraging. You are correct though, stick with it and you will once again see the scale go down and clothes get baggier.

Kudos to you for exercising. I am such a couch potato. I know I have to mend my ways but I'm procrastinating.

Yup, keep the positive self-dialog going and you will succeed!!

Return to Top
#426795 - 12/12/05 05:51 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Suzie Offline
Platinum Poster
Suzie
Far North
Another 1.2 loss, for a total of 17.4! It is going to be tough but sugar plums, holiday nog, candy and decorated cookies will not keep me from reaching my 20 pound loss in 2005.

Return to Top
#426796 - 12/12/05 06:17 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Anonymous
Unregistered

NancyC keep up the great work. I'm sure you have been told this before, but since you have increased your workouts and are seeing a change in the way your clothes fit, you are on the right track. Don't always count on the scale to validate your hard work, muscle weighs more than fat, you are probably seeing the results in the extra workouts in how your clothes are fitting, not on the scale. Good job!!

Return to Top
#426797 - 12/12/05 07:54 PM Re: Weight Watchers
OkieOps Offline
Platinum Poster
OkieOps
OK
Quote:

NancyC keep up the great work. I'm sure you have been told this before, but since you have increased your workouts and are seeing a change in the way your clothes fit, you are on the right track. Don't always count on the scale to validate your hard work, muscle weighs more than fat, you are probably seeing the results in the extra workouts in how your clothes are fitting, not on the scale. Good job!!

Thanks! It sure helps to have encouragement.

Way to go Suzy! You will make your goal, I'm sure of it.

Return to Top
#426798 - 12/12/05 07:55 PM Re: Weight Watchers
OkieOps Offline
Platinum Poster
OkieOps
OK
Quote:

Thanks! Encouragement always helps!

Way to go Suzie! You will make your goal.

Return to Top
#426799 - 12/12/05 08:46 PM Re: Weight Watchers
MyKidsMom Offline
Platinum Poster
MyKidsMom
TEXAS
I'm just over 21 lbs down and still a long way to go but at least I'm on the right track.

Return to Top
#426800 - 12/12/05 09:18 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Suzie Offline
Platinum Poster
Suzie
Far North
txbkr, you are more than on the right track! With 21 down, would have to say you are one of the biggest losers on this thread!! I have a ways to go too but remember, we are ahead of everyone that starts after the New Year.

Return to Top
#426801 - 12/12/05 09:43 PM Re: Weight Watchers
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
As of Thursday night's weigh-in I am down 15.8 pounds. It is good to see everyone else doing so well! As Suzie did, I set a goal of 20 lbs for 2005.

Return to Top
#426802 - 12/12/05 10:18 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Good job everyone! Keep up the good work.

Return to Top
#426803 - 12/13/05 08:24 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Dance129 Offline
Dance129
I want to start doing weight watchers. I am not overweight but would like to lose about 15-20 pounds. Since I had a child, I have a chubby belly. I don't get a lot of time to really work out, with having a child and a full-time job. From experience, do you think being on Weight Watchers will help my problem?

Return to Top
#426804 - 12/13/05 10:43 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Quote:

I want to start doing weight watchers. I am not overweight but would like to lose about 15-20 pounds. Since I had a child, I have a chubby belly. I don't get a lot of time to really work out, with having a child and a full-time job. From experience, do you think being on Weight Watchers will help my problem?

Your problem was EXACTLY my problem. I wanted to lose the baby weight I was still carrying around. My goal was to lose 20 lbs. and I just met that goal last week. It took me about 3 months to lose the weight on weight watchers. I highly recommend it. It did wonders for me. I also started exercising at home during the three months. It is hard to join any gyms with a little one at home. Good luck.

Return to Top
#426805 - 12/13/05 10:48 PM Re: Weight Watchers
OkieOps Offline
Platinum Poster
OkieOps
OK
Absolutely it will help! 15-20 lbs is not really a lot to some people, but I have been stuck needing to lose 20-25 for a long time. WW is helping me to learn how to eat right for the first time in my life. Because of that, when I lose the weight, I will know how to keep it off.

Return to Top
#426806 - 12/14/05 03:42 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Dance129 Offline
Dance129
Thank you both for your input! How much does it cost a week? I thought it was around $7.00.

Return to Top
#426807 - 12/14/05 05:24 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
It is $12.95 per week. I don't know what the registration fee is, if there is one in your area. When I joined, the registration fee was free for that month.

Return to Top
#426808 - 12/14/05 05:39 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just stumbled on this thread..I love the support everyone is giving! I started on WW back in May and as of last night's weigh-in I was down by 22 lbs and half-way to my goal! I truly thought I'd gain because of 2 Christmas parties last week, but I kept up exercise, so that helped I guess. It's been very slow going for me, but I figure it will be easier to keep the weight off this way, so I'm fine with the length of time it's taking. This is the BEST weight-loss program!

Return to Top
#426809 - 12/14/05 06:08 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Suzie Offline
Platinum Poster
Suzie
Far North
Quote:

Thank you both for your input! How much does it cost a week? I thought it was around $7.00.

If you go to www.weightwatchers.com you can find the cost, location, and time for meetings in your location. Like everything else, they offer some special pricing this time of year.

Return to Top
#426810 - 12/15/05 09:48 PM Re: Weight Watchers
OkieOps Offline
Platinum Poster
OkieOps
OK
I weighed in this morning. Down 2.8 lbs! I am so pumped! We even had our open house today and I did not touch a single cookie or piece of candy. It's amazing what can happen when you finally actually start wrting things down in your journal.

Return to Top
#426811 - 12/15/05 09:49 PM Re: Weight Watchers
OkieOps Offline
Platinum Poster
OkieOps
OK
Quote:

Right now in my area they are selling the Winter Pass. It costs $153.00 but it makes the meeting fee $9.00 and lasts until the end of April.

Return to Top
#426812 - 12/15/05 10:05 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Suzie Offline
Platinum Poster
Suzie
Far North
Quote:

I weighed in this morning. Down 2.8 lbs! I am so pumped! We even had our open house today and I did not touch a single cookie or piece of candy. It's amazing what can happen when you finally actually start wrting things down in your journal.

WOW, 2.8! You are no longer stalled. Nice christmas present Nancy! Am so happy for you and glad that you did not throw in the towel when the needle stuck.

Return to Top
#426813 - 12/19/05 06:20 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Anonymous
Unregistered

Week 11 and my weight loss was 3.8 pounds, for a grand total of (drum roll please) 21.2!! I met my 2005 goal, hurrah! Thanks to all of you that have posted words of encouragement.

Last week was tough. Not only a lot of tempting holiday goodies all around but I was very busy and found time for planning healthy meals an even bigger challenge. The entire week I struggled with a major desire to eat! What is good about it all is that my recent success has strengthened my resolve to stick with healthy eating even doing the holidays and to continue to forgo Merlot, hot buttered rum, and eggnog!

By the way, I have set a new goal; 10 pounds by Valentines Day --

Return to Top
#426814 - 12/19/05 06:34 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Suzie Offline
Platinum Poster
Suzie
Far North
Quote:

Week 11 and my weight loss was 3.8 pounds, for a grand total of (drum roll please) 21.2!! I met my 2005 goal, hurrah! Thanks to all of you that have posted words of encouragement.

Last week was tough. Not only a lot of tempting holiday goodies all around but I was very busy and found time for planning healthy meals an even bigger challenge. The entire week I struggled with a major desire to eat! What is good about it all is that my recent success has strengthened my resolve to stick with healthy eating even doing the holidays and to continue to forgo Merlot, hot buttered rum, and eggnog!

By the way, I have set a new goal; 10 pounds by Valentines Day --

It is me. Seems I lost my password too!

Return to Top
Page 4 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 6 37 38

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett