Skip to content
BOL Conferences

Thread Options
#858343 - 11/20/07 07:47 PM Enough already
trail hiker Offline
Gold Star
I posted this in the BSA thread as a response to a post about a system that requires SS#'s for every transaction on every transactor. I thought maybe it should be in the cooler instead. I am commenting as a customer here and not so much as a banker.

I wonder what system you have. On one level I can understand this. But on another level I would say ENOUGH ALREADY! I feel sorry for the regular customer who doesn't even comprehend the level of scrutiny and monitoring we do on them. If someone asked for my SS# everytime I did a transaction I would find another bank. Maybe I don't understand what you are saying here but isn't the SS# on the system already. And I really hate being asked questions like that if I have to give the answer out loud. Even in Dr offices when they feel like they have to verify every detail of your life at the check in desk.
Yeah, I understand why but at the same time I am annoyed and a little bit freaked out by the endless questions not just from banks but other places a person conducts business!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#858612 - 11/20/07 10:46 PM Re: Enough already trail hiker
buggs Offline
Power Poster
I would provide a reply, but then I'd have to deal with the consequences, so I'll just stay quiet.

Return to Top
#858654 - 11/20/07 11:43 PM Re: Enough already buggs
trail hiker Offline
Gold Star
Sound crabby, don't I?

Return to Top